Cheesegeezer

image.png.14c32d3f8ce535320903c38634e365c1.png

CONFIG UI 

image.thumb.png.110b2c2bab8fa05fe73c941e96faa3c9.png

How it works

1. Click Add New Camera Button
  2. you set up an IP camera by giving it a
    1. friendly name,
    2. the URL to make it work (there is a link in the config UI that will take you to a website to help you)
    3. select the protocol
    4. and then decide if you want it to be saved to a m3u8 file.
  3. Click Save
  4. Repeat for number of cams you wish to add
  5. Run the Refresh Internet Channels Scheduled Task

image.png.0080b6f179d5998313a30224097117f5.png

Advantages for saving to m3u8 file

Now..... saving to m3u8 file has a massive advantage. 

you can now import this into the liveTV as a tuner and set up recording schedules for each of your cameras that are in the list. 

You will require to install the M3U TV Tuner Plugin

image.png.145b430833cd6bba157c47796d8f5760.png 

in liveTV setup select m3u

image.png.263fd0845b71d44caf99ad7caecbd477.png

then just select the m3u8 file that the channel creates on the channel refresh and hit save

image.png.b844861512c4ba591ce8c16d9616c6a3.png

After you hit save you'll see all your cameras

image.thumb.png.18e6d3772dd2c37b73d7b172932b0ce2.png

Boom now you can create a recording or watch from you TV guide hehhehe

image.thumb.png.966d8c4d2b60baeb0ed0670e366371fd.png

image.thumb.png.b5a5ea8bd764a248ca3ada08aafc6097.png

PS it is a Channel so can be watched live and direct thru the channel created on your home page

image.thumb.png.75eccdcdafe667308607f0cdf6252493.png

image.thumb.png.bf067b12a1b314f071d13b83f1f87c2f.png

GOOD SOURCE TO FIND YOUR CAMERA AND MODEL TO GET THE PROTOCOL

Connecting to IP Cameras (ispyconnect.com)

RELEASE VERSION 1.0.0.0 - Initial Release to Catalogue

image.thumb.png.be213daf0b50c90b8090aeec29fe67ec.png

TV Channel Logos

image.thumb.png.b25d76933ffd330f6bb09218bd685814.png

Dark

image.png.bb739f8b2bc3948bbd0210db19f4b6bc.png

Light

image.png.e8c5b6bc009735eff8738aab4a25895d.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 5

Dickydodah!

This looks like a great project. I currently don't have a camera as I never replaced the last one that broke as I didn't have a convenient way of viewing it so gave up. This might even persuade me to buy a new one 😁

P.S. why have you got two threads regarding this?

• Thanks 1

Spaceboy

very nice. will take a look at this soon. also implementing frigate nvr with home assistant at the moment so it'll be interesting to see how these can play together

Cheesegeezer

Download added to bottom of first post.  Please test and report back

jspanitz

This looks great and is the 1st plugin I've been compelled to try.  Can someone point me to some docs on how to install these unofficial plugins on linux?

Cheesegeezer
11 minutes ago, jspanitz said:

This looks great and is the 1st plugin I've been compelled to try.  Can someone point me to some docs on how to install these unofficial plugins on linux?

Think that you just drop it into the Emby-Server/programdata/plugins folder

@FrostByte @neik  can you guys give this chap any pointers?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jspanitz said:

You basically need to download the DLL and move it to /var/lib/emby/plugins.
Permissions 644 should be enough but you might need to give the Emby user the permission to access the file, might also work without it though.
This is assuming you're running Ubuntu/Debian the paths on other distributions may vary.

Hope that helps! 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dickydodah!

@Cheesegeezer I've installed this and whilst I don't actually have a camera I just wanted to look around. I have a couple of questions and maybe an issue.

Can I setup a dummy camera just to have a look around? Is there any checking of the URL to see if it really is a camera?

First issue I had was that I didn't have the M3U tuner plugin installed 🙄 Might be worth adding that to the instructions for dummies like me.

Once I installed that I found that no M3u8 file was being created in the chosen folder so I couldn't add it as a TV source. Is this because it is a dummy URL?

If it is I'll start looking for a cheap camera, any suggestions for an internal one?

Cheesegeezer
26 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

@Cheesegeezer I've installed this and whilst I don't actually have a camera I just wanted to look around. I have a couple of questions and maybe an issue.

Can I setup a dummy camera just to have a look around? Is there any checking of the URL to see if it really is a camera?

First issue I had was that I didn't have the M3U tuner plugin installed 🙄 Might be worth adding that to the instructions for dummies like me.

Once I installed that I found that no M3u8 file was being created in the chosen folder so I couldn't add it as a TV source. Is this because it is a dummy URL?

If it is I'll start looking for a cheap camera, any suggestions for an internal one?

sorry dicky… that made no sense. So you are reporting bugs on a plugin you can’t use, because you have no camera?

interesting one for me. 

Glad it’s of no use to you. 

you can set up a dummy cam no problem but all fields need to be filled in when setting up the camera

• Haha 3

Dickydodah!

I know, I know, a bit of a daft question and not even asked clearly. I realised this when I read it back. I just want to get a feel for how it works whilst I choose a nice cheap camera to play with.

Keeping it to one simple question. Should an m3u8 file be created when I hit save camera. It says m3u8 saved: true but there is nothing in the folder.

I've filled in all the fields when creating the camera as can be seen from the config xml or have I missed something?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<PluginConfiguration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <Cameras>
    <Camera>
      <Index>0</Index>
      <Name>Dummy</Name>
      <Protocol>3</Protocol>
      <url>rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.1.244/11</url>
      <SaveToM3U8>true</SaveToM3U8>
    </Camera>
  </Cameras>
  <m3u8SavePath>M:\Emby\Security Cams</m3u8SavePath>
</PluginConfiguration>

Eigeplackter

Did anyone setup a Ring Video Doorbell ?

I'm having trouble getting the generated URL to work:

http://admin:admin@192.168.XXX.XXX:XXX/image.cgi?type=motion&camera=0

Cheesegeezer
5 minutes ago, Eigeplackter said:

Did anyone setup a Ring Video Doorbell ?

I'm having trouble getting the generated URL to work:

http://admin:admin@192.168.XXX.XXX:XXX/image.cgi?type=motion&camera=0

You can’t set up a ring doorbell as their cameras require specific authentication which they keep changing. So you have to subscribe to their service 

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, Dickydodah! said:

I know, I know, a bit of a daft question and not even asked clearly. I realised this when I read it back. I just want to get a feel for how it works whilst I choose a nice cheap camera to play with.

Keeping it to one simple question. Should an m3u8 file be created when I hit save camera. It says m3u8 saved: true but there is nothing in the folder.

I've filled in all the fields when creating the camera as can be seen from the config xml or have I missed something?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<PluginConfiguration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <Cameras>
    <Camera>
      <Index>0</Index>
      <Name>Dummy</Name>
      <Protocol>3</Protocol>
    </Camera>
  </Cameras>
</PluginConfiguration>

Yeah it should do. I will double check that it does create the file. 

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
13 hours ago, Dickydodah! said:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <Cameras>
    <Camera>
      <Index>0</Index>
      <Name>Dummy</Name>
      <Protocol>3</Protocol>
    </Camera>
  </Cameras>
</PluginConfiguration>

Hi Dicky,

I just checked and the file does get created.  But you have to the Refresh Internet Channels task after you add the camera.  This will run the code in the plugin and create the file

image.png.8dd22be445080039141bac459446106f.png

image.png.f25d17ea6247d60a8920702abad56661.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Dickydodah!

I did actually look in the scheduled tasks but missed that bit, of course it is a channel 😮 I've just checked and it was created 4 hours ago when the task ran 😁

Just a little tweak in the UI will cover that but not important 👍

Dickydodah!

All work great now 🙂 At first I was a little concerned that the Media info showed the full URL including password but then found that this only showed for users that could manage the server. I don't know if this is part of the plugin or the core but it is a very nice aspect that would be worth mentioning in the docs once it's released.

I'm after a cheap indoor camera for my garage, mostly so I can check I've turned the lights off and shut the roller door, has anyone got any suggestions?

I used to have a Foscam but they are a bit spendy for checking a door is closed 😁

Edited by Dickydodah!

Cheesegeezer
10 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

All work great now 🙂 At first I was a little concerned that the Media info showed the full URL including password but then found that this only showed for users that could manage the server. I don't know if this is part of the plugin or the core but it is a very nice aspect that would be worth mentioning in the docs once it's released.

I'm after a cheap indoor camera for my garage, mostly so I can check I've turned the lights off and shut the roller door, has anyone got any suggestions?

I used to have a Foscam but they are a bit spendy for checking a door is closed 😁

Any camera that uses the CamHi app are IP capable, and don't require a specific app and  are cheap and cheerful and work pretty good

https://amzn.eu/d/fM118ui 

This should do what you want

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

v0.1.0.1 is available from the dll on the first post.

This just polishes up the Config UI and adds in useful links and help button.

Dickydodah!

Thanks for the suggestion it looks quite good to start with. I've been looking at the next bit which is recording the stream and looking at your screenshots I'm guessing you don't have a TV tuner. I do and the dummy cam I setup was incorrectly identified as a Sky channel so I had to edit it. Of course it won't play or record but it looks good.

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

Thanks for the suggestion it looks quite good to start with. I've been looking at the next bit which is recording the stream and looking at your screenshots I'm guessing you don't have a TV tuner. I do and the dummy cam I setup was incorrectly identified as a Sky channel so I had to edit it. Of course it won't play or record but it looks good.

I do have a tuner but on my main system, i'm developing plugins on a dev laptop which has no tuner.

I'm not surprised you need to edit the channel, but it's only a few.  I can upload the camera icon if you wish to use this as the Channel Logo Image

Dickydodah!

The icon would be handy thanks. I'm just about to load the new dll to have a look around. Are you ready for the GUI suggestions and spelling mistakes yet? 🤣

I've been looking for a public webcam I can add just for testing but so far i haven't found a compatible one. If i get one working I'll post the settings as it will allow others to test without buying a camera first.

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, Dickydodah! said:

The icon would be handy thanks. I'm just about to load the new dll to have a look around. Are you ready for the GUI suggestions and spelling mistakes yet? 🤣

I've been looking for a public webcam I can add just for testing but so far i haven't found a compatible one. If i get one working I'll post the settings as it will allow others to test without buying a camera first.

Please check the first post again.  Refactored and added icons

• Thanks 1

Dickydodah!

@Cheesegeezer I've bought the camera you sent me a link to 🙁so this has turned into an expensive plugin 😁

As revenge I thought I would let you know what GUI issues I've found 🤣

It really is a good plugin and something I've been trying to achieve for sometime, a simple way to view cameras on the TV 👍👍

1. The buttons for Security Cams and Help are slightly chopped off at the bottom.

image.thumb.png.6acac987209aa63977d98696f2714e6a.png

2. If you have saved into a m3u8 file you need to refresh the live TV Guide Data as well as the Internet Channels. It would be nice if the save button could actually do this automatically.

3. When you delete a camera the popup has labels for Intros not cameras. I'm guessing this is a reused bit of code 🙂

4. There should be a space after the colon in CLICK HERE:to find your camera

5. In you original screenshots you had a way to edit existing cameras, can this be reinstated as the only way currently is to edit the xml file which is never a good idea.

Cheesegeezer

@Cheesegeezer I've bought the camera you sent me a link to 🙁so this has turned into an expensive plugin 😁

I didn’t make you buy anything. I should charge $50 for the plugin then it would be expensive.

As revenge I thought I would let you know what GUI issues I've found 🤣

It really is a good plugin and something I've been trying to achieve for sometime, a simple way to view cameras on the TV 👍👍

I’m pleased you will find use for it

1. The buttons for Security Cams and Help are slightly chopped off at the bottom.

this is down to resolution and how emby delivers the UI

image.thumb.png.6acac987209aa63977d98696f2714e6a.png

2. If you have saved into a m3u8 file you need to refresh the live TV Guide Data as well as the Internet Channels. It would be nice if the save button could actually do this automatically.

i know @softworkz has this sussed, so he could possibly help me here or leave me to exercise the grey matter

3. When you delete a camera the popup has labels for Intros not cameras. I'm guessing this is a reused bit of code

yup

4. There should be a space after the colon in CLICK HERE:to find your camera

deal with it 

5. In you original screenshots you had a way to edit existing cameras, can this be reinstated as the only way currently is to edit the xml file which is never a good idea.

I never had an edit. Its not worth the time when I’m not good with JS and all that is required is a delete and go again. You = 1min work…. Me = 2hrs mínimum.