Make removing series from collection easier (windows)

mchahn
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

I had about a hundred shows in a collection.  When I viewed a series it showed the collection near the bottom of the page. On that collection was a menu item called delete.  I clicked on that assuming it would delete the show from the collection.  Instead the entire collection was deleted which was a disaster.  Rebuilding that collection will be virtually impossible.

In any case, a menu choice to remove a show from the collection would be nice.  Or sorting the series in the collection page in alphabetical order would improve the situation.  Right now I have to scan all the shows which is a pita.

Please make removing a series from a collection easier.

• Agree 1

• Solution
Happy2Play

A bit confused as Delete is Delete and Remove from Collection is Remove from Collection.

image.png.dece5c1a34f0065e8ed1e2b2248cfaeb.png

But 4.8 does add some sorting options within Collections.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
Just now, mchahn said:

where did you get that menu?

Context menu on items in a collection.

• Like 1

Just now, Happy2Play said:

Context menu on items in a collection.

As I said before it is painfully hard to find an item in a collection with no alpha sort.  However, I see that you said I can sort in 4.8 so I will try that.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, mchahn said:

As I said before it is painfully hard to find an item in a collection with no alpha sort

From a custom collection standpoint sure but provider Collections really only have one order and would never be alphabetical.  But 4.8 will have a Title order.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

What is a provider Collection?  I only have the normal custom.  So 4.8 won't allow alpha sorting?  If so then this feature request is unresolved.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, mchahn said:

What is a provider Collection?

Collect created from item metadata from TMDB.

Black Panther Collection — The Movie Database (TMDB) (themoviedb.org)

5 minutes ago, mchahn said:

So 4.8 won't allow alpha sorting? 

Title is Alpha sorting just like any other library sorting.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, mchahn said:

Did you say that custom collections can be title sorted in 4.8?

Yes Collections items can be sorted by Title in 4.8.  IE no different than any other Library items.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Personally, the original post you marked would be the correct answer as Sorting has nothing to do with the Title of this topic.

Sorting effectively solves the original problem since it is easy to go in and find the series.  Before I had to scan over a hundred series.

• 10 months later...
mgworek

It would be nice from a show or movie screen to be able to remove it from a collection. Having to go into the a collection and remove is a pain. 

Recently I have been making collections for shows for different days of the week. We do theme nights. Once a show is watched once, I want to remove it from the collection. I can easily see the show in next up and click on it but can't remove it. I have to go into the collection to do it.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

GrimReaper

Kindly continue relevant discussion in the topic linked above, as it is preceeding this one historically and is considered original for the purposes of this particular FR.