Virtual TV - Creating an adverts channel

GreatFlashMan

GreatFlashMan

I have played with VTV and managed to do a channel showing just 80's tv episodes. Worked great.

Then I had the idea that seeing i have a load of old TV adverts, it would be fun to make a channel just for that.

I set the path to the /Adverts folder, but no matter what I set the "type" as (Movie, mixed, TV Episodes, etc), VTV finds no files and the channel remains blank. These files are all short and small of course (though mkv/avi/mp4 files all the same) and are named as such

"Bernard Matthews - Golden Drummers (1989).mp4"

Any ideas?

pünktchen
2 hours ago, GreatFlashMan said:

I set the path to the /Adverts folder...

Where did you set this? If you mean the bumpers folder option, that is only meant for "inbetweeners", adverts between the programs of a regular virtual tv channel. You cannot use this alone to create a channel. For a channel with adverts only, you would have to setup this like every other channel. But i really don't recommend this. I guess the Emby guide view will break with so many short program entries.

Edited by pünktchen

GreatFlashMan

All I have done is built a library called TV Adverts containing the adverts and then set a new channel with its contents set to mixed and selected the library. 

And I get nothing. 

The library itself in emby works fine. 

Edited by GreatFlashMan

GreatFlashMan

Perhaps the live TV portion discounts short programmes from the listing?

It would be a shame if this is the case as it's a fun idea to have an advert channel. 

Well. I thought so at least. :)

Edited by GreatFlashMan

GrimReaper
34 minutes ago, GreatFlashMan said:

All I have done is built a library called TV Adverts containing the adverts and then set a new channel with its contents set to mixed and selected the library. 

And I get nothing. 

The library itself in emby works fine. 

Which channel rules have you set?

GrimReaper

You need at least one channel rule. You can try with Release date after 1900. If your adverts don't have metadata, you can tag all of them and create Tag channel rule.

Edited by GrimReaper
Link

• 1 month later...
AaronClarke

GreatFlashMan, I like your idea!!!

I have been trying to find someone to obtain old adverts from.. Would you be willing to share or perhaps advise where I should be looking? 

Many Thanks!

GreatFlashMan
On 02/03/2023 at 13:25, AaronClarke said:

GreatFlashMan, I like your idea!!!

I have been trying to find someone to obtain old adverts from.. Would you be willing to share or perhaps advise where I should be looking? 

Many Thanks!

Not sure where i got them from now, datestamp shows 2011, and theres another smaller collection.

It was my idea to do an advert channel, and still haven't because these all need tagging to work correctly. That's a lot of work as I was trying to find the year these were aired etc.

But happy to share them in the untagged form (there's 271 plus a few i have tagged).

2023-03-03 16_34_02-Classic Adverts.png