"Revenue" added to metadata scrape

JoshuaAJones

JoshuaAJones

Is it possible to re-add (because I think it used to be a thing) "Revenue" to the metadata?

I know that TMDb and IMDb both have these fields available.

Also, I would like to sort/filter using this field.

JoshuaAJones

Appreciate the quick response, as always.

I'd like to see this as a way to sort the movies by "popularity", in a sense.

One could choose a certain year and a "Sort By Revenue" to get the most popular movie of that year.

It would be great for those of us with larger collections.

Happy2Play

At the same time what percentage of media will return no value from TMDB as nothing will ever come from IMDB. 

image.thumb.png.2bcb7fbddf80b99b561e3e6cd9d04e64.png

But will say already exist in cached provider data but just not used at all.  So database would have to be expanded.

"release_date": "2022-09-27",
    "revenue": 0,
    "runtime": 107,

Edited by Happy2Play

JoshuaAJones

There would be modern problems with the sorting.

Your example was not a "Box Office Release" and therefore made no revenue.

I will admit that it is popular but "Great" movies from Netflix, Disney+, etc., are few and far between.

In the past, the $0 revenue movies would be B-Movies and other bargin bin flicks that "may" not be to everyones liking (I have a lot of those).

Happy2Play

Either way it shall apply to all media no matter their quality or classification.  But as said Emby already gets it from provider but does not use or record it in the database currently.

JoshuaAJones

Maybe "Budget" could be a sorting field.  All movies have a budget... your example cost $30M.  I wouldn't say that it needed to be displayed but, just having it scraped, it would be a viable sorting feature.

This, too, would have it's own oddities. Ex: Ther Blair Witch Project only cost $60K to make but brought it $248M (and put "found footage" movies in the mainstream).

I'm just looking for an "easy" way to produce a "Best Movies of" ???? list so that others (like my mother) don't get bogged down looking through all of the chaff.

Happy2Play

All subject to human input but see the exact same issue but both are already gotten but currently no place in the database for them.  So database would have to be expanded to achieve this.

• 3 weeks later...
JoshuaAJones

Question:  Is it possible to add "Options" to the metadata scraper?

Emby would load with its current defaults: Name, Year, Duration, etc.  BUT it would also have options of Revenue, Budget, etc.  that are already scraped but not cataloged within the database.

This would allow the database managers the options of archiving/using this data within their systems and would allow others the option to remove some data that they do not care about, allowing them to streamline their database (and maybe shrink their files some).

Also, these "Options" would appear on the "Sort By" listing, if selected/included in the database.

On 2/16/2023 at 1:52 PM, JoshuaAJones said:

Question:  Is it possible to add "Options" to the metadata scraper?

Emby would load with its current defaults: Name, Year, Duration, etc.  BUT it would also have options of Revenue, Budget, etc.  that are already scraped but not cataloged within the database.

This would allow the database managers the options of archiving/using this data within their systems and would allow others the option to remove some data that they do not care about, allowing them to streamline their database (and maybe shrink their files some).

Also, these "Options" would appear on the "Sort By" listing, if selected/included in the database.

Hi, yes we'd like to have individual field options for metadata providers in future updates.