DVD order selected but not properly displaying

Baenwort

Baenwort

So for one show "The Muppet Show" I've set the metadata to 'DVD' as that is how I have the files numbered.

image.thumb.png.bf75a6e7d7bd593787ff04f7b4693682.png

However, it is not displaying or playing it that way.

For example:

\TV Shows\The Muppet Show\Season 04\The Muppet Show - S04E18 - Christopher Reeve - 1080p.mkv

image.thumb.png.db47d96553e68d0fbfa80db2ef732f1c.png

Plays when selecting S4:E15 - Anne Murray on both Roku or the webclient. 

When I go to S4:E15 - Anne Murray in the webclient I can see that for some reason in the Media Info area that the E18 is listed.

image.thumb.png.8028b40f0e095703bfffe34bb402e9db.png

Any advice on how to correct this?

Junglejim

From memory that's how it should work, if you have your episodes numbered to the dvd order and set the display order to dvd. Did you refresh the series after setting the display order?

Its been a while and I only have three series with dvd order I think (Firefly, Farscape & Almost Human).

Edited by Junglejim

Baenwort
17 hours ago, Junglejim said:

From memory that's how it should work, if you have your episodes numbered to the dvd order and set the display order to dvd. Did you refresh the series after setting the display order?

Its been a while and I only have three series with dvd order I think (Firefly, Farscape & Almost Human).

Yes

6 hours ago, Luke said:

What metadata fetchers are enabled on the library, and in what order?

image.png.1c8816aa5a2f764e61a74a0df71bb4b1.png

image.png.05da1e66336e1e91cf4f30da9d85a513.png

Let me know what else it might be.

I would check to make sure you don't have any locked fields at any level, series, season or episode. I would also remove the xml metadata plugin. Then try refreshing the metadata on the series and see if that helps.

Baenwort

Are the locks in the .nfo files or do I need to click through all 151 items?

There are also no xml files for this series. I'd rather not remove the xml plug in as I made entries for over 1100 fanfilms when I first started using Emby over the course of two years and I don't want to recreate that as there is still no DB for fanfilms or fan shorts that Emby supports.

Edited by Baenwort

Happy2Play
20 minutes ago, Baenwort said:

There are also no xml files for this series. I'd rather not remove the xml plug in as I made entries for over 1100 fanfilms when I first started using Emby over the course of two years and I don't want to recreate that as there is still no DB for fanfilms or fan shorts that Emby supports.

Does the UI show locked if you select edit metadata on the series and scroll to the bottom?

But you are looking for <lockdata>true</lockdata> in the nfo file/s.  If set in Emby episodes shall inherit for Series and or Season level or can be applied per episode.

If you do not have xml metadata in the Series, the plugin will not be an issue.

Have you verified the actual files are what they are named?

jiggity

FWIW I have had a similar problem with a few other series, Namely Dr Who and Star Trek Voyager, and I had to remove TMDB as a TV metadata source for the proper meta to be called.

This might need to be looked at deeper, but in my experience, when DVD/Absolute order is selected there can be a conflict in the meta being called.

Not really sure how else to describe it, other than when I had TMDB selected as a source for TV series I would have this problem as well. You can try removing TMDB, refreshing the metadata for the series in question.

What I had to do was remove tmdb, pull the media from the server, make a dummy file, then set the meta for the series to the dvd order, let the server populate with appropriate meta, lock it, and repopulate the server with the files.  The you can add TMDB back as a source for meta, if you use it for images etc.

Baenwort
On 1/31/2023 at 8:25 PM, Happy2Play said:

Does the UI show locked if you select edit metadata on the series and scroll to the bottom?

But you are looking for <lockdata>true</lockdata> in the nfo file/s.  If set in Emby episodes shall inherit for Series and or Season level or can be applied per episode.

If you do not have xml metadata in the Series, the plugin will not be an issue.

Have you verified the actual files are what they are named?

Not on the series or seasons does it show locked at any point when scrolling.

I've looked for the 'lockdata' flag in the nfo's by searching them in Notepad ++ and received no hits.

I do not have xml files for this series.

Yes, the files are named correctly and when opened (in example when I open it I see the Christopher Reeves episode the file is named for). If you look at the image the auto generated chapter images also display Christopher Revees instead of Anne Murray.

Baenwort
On 1/31/2023 at 10:35 PM, jiggity said:

FWIW I have had a similar problem with a few other series, Namely Dr Who and Star Trek Voyager, and I had to remove TMDB as a TV metadata source for the proper meta to be called.

This might need to be looked at deeper, but in my experience, when DVD/Absolute order is selected there can be a conflict in the meta being called.

Not really sure how else to describe it, other than when I had TMDB selected as a source for TV series I would have this problem as well. You can try removing TMDB, refreshing the metadata for the series in question.

What I had to do was remove tmdb, pull the media from the server, make a dummy file, then set the meta for the series to the dvd order, let the server populate with appropriate meta, lock it, and repopulate the server with the files.  The you can add TMDB back as a source for meta, if you use it for images etc.

I unchecked TMDB in the TV library and tried refreshing. This did not create any change.

I've attached the .nfo for the example episode used in the OP.

I don't' have time today to try the moving around but I will give it a shot if Luke doesn't come back before I try the next day.

The Muppet Show - S04E18 - Christopher Reeve - 1080p.nfo

Edited by Baenwort

jiggity

OK, part of the issue is way above my pay grade, the metadata on TMDB and TVDB do not match for order, no matter if you choose Aired or DVD.

With a cabaret show like The Muppet Show, is there a significant difference if you re-order to Aired and just select that meta over the DVD order?

Happy2Play

When you changed to DVD order did you Refresh w/replace images ion the Show?

Baenwort
6 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

When you changed to DVD order did you Refresh w/replace images ion the Show?

I did.

7 hours ago, jiggity said:

OK, part of the issue is way above my pay grade, the metadata on TMDB and TVDB do not match for order, no matter if you choose Aired or DVD.

With a cabaret show like The Muppet Show, is there a significant difference if you re-order to Aired and just select that meta over the DVD order?

Significant? Not sure if I'd go that far (the episodes are internally consistent with little cross over of stories). I'm mostly after getting get episode descriptions and labels to match the files without having to hand rename 151 episodes after manually opening and checking them. They are currently named off the DVD order from TVDB (as that is what FileBot and MakeMKV where directed at).

On 1/31/2023 at 8:54 PM, Baenwort said:

Enable nfo saving for them, refresh their metadata, and that should generate nfo files for them, and then you can stop using the xml plugin.

Baenwort
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Enable nfo saving for them, refresh their metadata, and that should generate nfo files for them, and then you can stop using the xml plugin.

nfo saving is enabled for all libraries.

The FanFilm library does not have a metadata provider as there is non-supported by Emby. (I have recommened in the request forum for support for the https://ifdb.fanedit.org/ifdb/ and other fan film databases before). I'd hate to lose the hand entered data which is why I have never enabled auto refresh on that library or pushed the refresh button as I have read in the past about data being overwritten or changed to blank under these circumstances 

Happy2Play

Only tested "The Muppet Show - S04E18 - Christopher Reeve - 1080p"

aired order expected to show wrong as episodes do not align with actual media.

image.thumb.png.31da3b1955dc0db1a3c2d71b71eadaf1.png

image.png.e4785fb9a4ab00b088b482d9eaf4fc61.png

Changed Show to DVD order only image is wrong. 

image.thumb.png.3a9dda2ce4a4aa57cd68f8be8bf109ac.png

image.png.70be8fdca02cc48f3e804c1f4c1826ee.png

Requires Refresh with replace images or ReIdentify w/replace images on the entire Show to correct episode images.

image.thumb.png.9d4fc6bf2fb3486a17064ecb3bb7ff80.png

Note this could mess up specials also so you need to ensure they are the same a provider.  Or you have locked them.

image.thumb.png.b14d30ca7a088086f393f9e7290621ca.png

Baenwort

image.thumb.png.30ccacaf950c1e59bf4340d1a7b17918.png

I've done that. See above. I wait 10 minutes and it is still wrong. Set to DVD order:

image.thumb.png.ebc65d29c7f18f485d06f24ca44a3e3e.png

After wait:

image.thumb.png.ecc04c5cef6e6fef2939fa1827dfa52c.png

still not correct. I reloaded the browser and cleared the cache between these screenshots. I have also tried switching to 'Aired' then refreshing metadata then back to 'DVD' order.

Happy2Play

What is wrong with this image?  Images, Names and descriptions look correct.

S04E15 is Anne Murphy

S04E18 is Christopher Reeves

Probably need to see a server log for when you did this.

Baenwort
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

What is wrong with this image?  Images, Names and descriptions look correct.

S04E15 is Anne Murphy

S04E18 is Christopher Reeves

Probably need to see a server log for when you did this.

If you look at the Anne Murphy picture (bottom one) the Media Info shows it is still pointed at E18 file and chapter images still are the Christopher Reeves episode and when play is pressed it plays the Christopher Reeves episode.

Edited by Baenwort

Happy2Play

Minus log errors I have no idea as I can not reproduce DVD metadata not working.

Only other thing you can to is delete all metadata (remove Show from Emby, full library scan) and cache provider data in cache\tvdb\serieid and other provider cache folders for the series and readd.

Baenwort

I removed all the metasources one at a time until only TVDB was checked in the list and switch from DVD to Aired and back to DVD. 

image.png.7c51459953b7cf023e767dc0a7fe359c.png

This worked.

image.thumb.png.df2d1eeb9f71be83e219ba7225fe8591.png

I think it has something to do with TOMD as that was the last one I unchecked before the switch fixed it.

I don't want to run with only a single metadata source so I'm hoping that locking the show should keep it from changing? Also would locking it at the series level preserve all the metadata or do I need to lock each and every single episode separately?

If you'd like some logs Happy2Play please let me know which ones and performing what steps and I'll get some uploaded.

Edited by Baenwort

Happy2Play

Yes locking at series lever locks all season and episode elements so nothing can be changed.

On my test I only had TVDB and TMDB enabled.  But really shouldn't matter as everything would come from first provider.

• Thanks 1

Baenwort

I think that is the problem as it isn't just pulling from the first provider as it didn't work until I unchecked all the providers but one.

Which logs and what actions would you like me to upload? I can reproduce this pretty consistently. 

Happy2Play

But the only way metadata comes from secondary provider is if the metadata is missing from first provider.  And the log shows the same fetch order as your set provider order.

I can enable all providers and I still get TVDB DVD order on stable and beta release.  So I have no idea how to reproduce this issue unless there is a communication issue with provider.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 9:13 PM, Happy2Play said:

So I have no idea how to reproduce this issue unless there is a communication issue with provider.

That is probably the only way.