Subtitles downloaded from KODI are not retained

phileas50

phileas50

I am using the latest KODI 20.0 with emby next gen addon. When I download subtitles via Kodi search those are downloaded and play but are not retained so when I play subsequently the same video, previously "downloaded " subtitles are gone. Emby Server is in a win10 machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  (BTW source hard disk has file sharing open to everyone).

quickmic
14 hours ago, phileas50 said:

I am using the latest KODI 20.0 with emby next gen addon. When I download subtitles via Kodi search those are downloaded and play but are not retained so when I play subsequently the same video, previously "downloaded " subtitles are gone. Emby Server is in a win10 machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  (BTW source hard disk has file sharing open to everyone).

I performed a test. If you use addon mode, Kodi downloads the subtitle into a temp folder and I can confirm, Kodi is obviously not re-using the download subtitle after playback stopped.

In native mode, the subtitle is added into the movie folder. In this case Kodi is capable to re-use it.

quickmic

Seems to be the only way at the moment or you download the subtitles via Emby server and not via Kodi. That's what I'm doing.