Notifications when media added.

skank

Hi

I would like to have notifications on 4 android phones...
However, i'm not sure how i would set it up.

I'm using home assistant as well.

I was looking here: https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159719-notifications
So i thought i could set it up using plugin android notfications but i cant find it anymore.
Is that abondened? Is there another way or should i use home assistant to do that?

Whats the best way?

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, skank said:

i thought i could set it up using plugin android notfications but i cant find it anymore.
Is that abondened?

Sorry, not following, which plugin would that be? As you can only get notifications via various services on Android (Pushbullet, Pushover...) according your preference, there's no native support for push messages inbuilt in Emby app, you can lend your support in either (or both) FR topics below:

I would like to have a push notification through the home assistant app.

Else i would have to install the emby app on every phone right?
Thx will see at the push notifcations thread

EDIT the push notification topic is 3 years old and no movement.

Guess im stuck to go to home assistant way..

Edited by skank

seanbuff

By far the easiest way to receive notifications is as @GrimReaper pointed out, using the notification system already in Emby, and no it doesn't mean you need to have Emby installed on every device - the notification is pushed to your app of choice Join, Pushover, Pushbullet, etc - these are universal apps designed to receive notifications from many systems and much much more.

If you are really adamant on only receiving notifications via the Home Assistant app, then this is not native functionality and you will need to configure something custom. Your best bet would be to use Emby's Webhook functionality to target HA and run an automation from that. I haven't played with it, but I may be able to take a look when I get some time. I'll reply in the other HA related thread you posted in.

• Like 1