I request a zip for portable installation of the Beta versions

Fabian2101
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

Fabian2101

Hi, I want to ask you if you can provide me with a link so that I can download the Beta version 4.8.0.21 of the server for windows, but with a zip file and a portable installation.

I always prefer to use the completely portable installation, so I have the servers in my portable programs folder, and this is much easier for me when I have to format and delete all the data on my hard drives, since I always before format and delete my internal hard drives I copy the portable programs folder on the external USB hard drive or flash drive. So I don't have to spend time reinstalling all the programs from scratch when I format my internal hard drives. And I also don't waste time reconfiguring all the server configuration options from scratch.

But the problem is that the download section of the server for windows, there is no portable download of the Beta version, and besides the installation file of the Beta version does not even allow to choose the location path for the installation.

https://emby.media/windows-server.html

For this reason I ask you for a link so that I can download the Beta version 4.8.0.21 with completely portable installation, identical to the portable one of the stable version of the server. Thanks

Happy2Play

Download directly from GitHub, but yes this has been brought up before as the download page only has the beta installer.

• Thanks 1

Fabian2101
11 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Great, thank you so much. Now if I already have all the links that I needed.

25 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Download directly from GitHub, but yes this has been brought up before as the download page only has the beta installer.

But in my personal opinion, at least you should add the zip for the portable installation, here on the same page of the Emby community, in the section of each download for Windows, of each operating system, or NAS.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1