How to restrict resolution in tv?

Przemek

Przemek

Hello, I noticed that Emby start playing my IPTV streams in uhd resolution 2140* 

It don't t work properly so I must change to 1080/60. 

How can I change that to start with 1080p? I cannot find that settings. Something to restrict television in resolution above 1080p.

Regards.

Happy2Play

Technically there is no resolution setting and is all influenced by bitrate.

But yes knowing that breakdown would be beneficial.  I know 1080 starts at 7.5Mbps but don't know the upper limit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

GrimReaper
19 minutes ago, Przemek said:

So there's nothing I can do?

Currently not, besides checking what's the bitrate of your IPTV stream and manually restrict client quality setting to some lower value - but that will affect the rest of your library as well, which might or might not result in other 4K content being transcoded.

Edit: Or make a separate user for LiveTV only and restrict quality, which will leave your regular user unaffected.

Edited by GrimReaper
Append
  • Like 1

Przemek

Hi @Luke today I have problems with IPTV sport streams in Emby. Sometimes channels with football game I need to watch was working and sometimes not. When it launch (it took about 15 seconds) it work with 720p-2Mbps and it freeses. I was angry and install in the same device Tivimate. I add the same channels list and EPG list. Channel start in one second in full hd without any freezes. There's something wrong with my Emby sever? How can I improve?

On 2/4/2023 at 3:42 PM, Przemek said:

Hi @Luke today I have problems with IPTV sport streams in Emby. Sometimes channels with football game I need to watch was working and sometimes not. When it launch (it took about 15 seconds) it work with 720p-2Mbps and it freeses. I was angry and install in the same device Tivimate. I add the same channels list and EPG list. Channel start in one second in full hd without any freezes. There's something wrong with my Emby sever? How can I improve?

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Przemek
11 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Hi, for example now I try to run channel in Emby and get error there's no compatibile transmissions. I open it in Android App (OTT Navigator) and it works like a charm. The same channel start in second. Then I close Emby and open it again and after few seconds that channel works OK. Then I try different channel and again the same situation. It's very annoing. Also when I pause and try to disable subtitles it stops and don't play further.

embyserver.txt

Edited by Przemek

Happy2Play

OT: you have an SSL issue with TMDB and FanArt.

The remote certificate is invalid because of errors in the certificate chain: NotTimeValid

Possibly time or dns issue.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/113603-no-metadata-of-images-added-external-communication-gives-errors

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/113633-images-not-found-intermittantly

Przemek

Hi, I see there's everything OK with time and DNS:

```

dietpi@DietPi:~$ timedatectl

Local time: śro 2023-02-08 08:18:15 CET

Universal time: śro 2023-02-08 07:18:15 UTC

RTC time: śro 2023-02-08 07:18:15

Time zone: Europe/Warsaw (CET, +0100)

System clock synchronized: yes

NTP service: inactive

RTC in local TZ: no

dietpi@DietPi:~$

```

Happy2Play

Don't know but there is an issue according to TMDB and FanArt, but not with Emby or GitHub.

Przemek

I have also some times problem with that thumbnails, when I want to search manually. 

I have Tailscale and wireguard on that machine. Meybe that is problem.

Happy2Play

Possible did you try the "nslookup image.tmdb.org" as it could be DNS per the second link.

Przemek
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Possible did you try the "nslookup image.tmdb.org" as it could be DNS per the second link.

I'm not good with that DNS thing. Can You tell me what will be the best to set in my router and miniPC dietpi server? 

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Przemek said:

I'm not good with that DNS thing. Can You tell me what will be the best to set in my router and miniPC dietpi server? 

Don't know of a good answer here as what works for one does not work for others as the answer geographically is different for everyone.

What do you get with that nslookup?

Przemek
6 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

nslookup

dietpi@DietPi:~$ nslookup image.tmdb.org

Server: 100.100.100.100

Address: 100.100.100.100#53

Non-authoritative answer:

image.tmdb.org canonical name = tmdb-image-prod.b-cdn.net.

Name: tmdb-image-prod.b-cdn.net

Address: 138.199.36.8

Name: tmdb-image-prod.b-cdn.net

Address: 2400:52e0:1e00::1053:1

Edited by Przemek

On 2/8/2023 at 2:19 AM, Przemek said:

Hi, I see there's everything OK with time and DNS:

```

dietpi@DietPi:~$ timedatectl

Local time: śro 2023-02-08 08:18:15 CET

Universal time: śro 2023-02-08 07:18:15 UTC

RTC time: śro 2023-02-08 07:18:15

Time zone: Europe/Warsaw (CET, +0100)

System clock synchronized: yes

NTP service: inactive

RTC in local TZ: no

dietpi@DietPi:~$

```

It is now, but maybe it wasn't at the time of the problem?

Przemek
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

The problem still exist. Now I install Nextpvr with docker on the same machine and is similar experience.

It works faster than Emby but also sometimes have black screen and it looks like tv channel playing. When I exit and click channel one more time it's OK sometimes.

Przemek
On 2/9/2023 at 6:09 PM, Luke said:

Hi @Luke can You help me with that problem. I try my channels list on Linux laptop [Emby, Emby Theater, Kodi, Hypnotix, VLC] and also freezing many times. The same channels works perfect on Android players like OTT Navigator or Tivimate on Android TV. What is wrong with linux? My emby server also is on Linux miniPC. 

ffmpeg-transcode-3f1fb089-bf73-490e-9473-71a2e989b474_1.txt embyserver.txt

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, Przemek said:

Hi @Luke can You help me with that problem. I try my channels list on Linux laptop [Emby, Emby Theater, Kodi, Hypnotix, VLC] and also freezing many times. The same channels works perfect on Android players like OTT Navigator or Tivimate on Android TV. What is wrong with linux? My emby server also is on Linux miniPC. 

ffmpeg-transcode-3f1fb089-bf73-490e-9473-71a2e989b474_1.txt 38.26 kB · 0 downloads embyserver.txt 5.72 MB · 0 downloads

Devs would have to confirm but other similar topics suggest fixed in 4.8.x.x.

20:01:37.180 subtitle_kickoff: call subtitle_resend_current 452700 frame->format: 1
20:01:37.181 subtitle input filter: decoding size 0x0
20:01:37.181 Auto-inserting subfeed filter
20:01:37.181 Auto-inserting graphicsub2video filter
20:01:37.251 [h264_qsv @ 0x1bb6180] get_buffer() failed
20:01:37.251 Error while decoding stream #0:0: Cannot allocate memory

Also are you sure there isn't an issue with your set useragent/referrer since you are comparing to different products?

"RequiredHttpHeaders":{"User-Agent":"VLC/3.0.0-git LibVLC/3.0.0-git","Referrer":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/94.0.4606.61 Safari/537.36"}

Edited by Happy2Play

Przemek
39 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes that should be improved in the upcoming 4.8 release. Thanks.

OK, thanks. But what if I need to install some packages on linux or set some buffering/cache options. I don't know.
If I try also on my linux laptop in different apps (Kodi, Hypnotix) and streaming live tv also freezes.