MyCast.io Metadata Fetcher

mickle026

mickle026

image.png.56aab8b37a27cf9ce17b9e9201ce89c3.png

*dll should work on any server version, just put into plugins directory and restart Emby

As with all my plugins, Your are resposible for everything, if you dont agree  then you do not have permission to use them

It scrapes the info, non commercial fair use   If you have tmdb installed and tmdb has the info then tmdb will probably fill in the info first.

This one looks up people on mycast.io and gets images and metadata if available.  Although it can fetch thousands of people Its better for actors from other non english speaking countries such as bollywood actors, and lesser knowns bit part tv show/movie or child actors.

* Caveat, in can bring the wrong person of the same names - they will need manual intervention.

542957391_Screenshot2023-01-27at20-38-09DoveCamerononmyCast-FanCastingYourFavoriteStories.png.2e60db7d94ebbf93d881135f36506073.png

1112388823_Screenshot2023-01-27at20-38-31Emby.thumb.png.bcb13c04c990a5e5b16058ea91e915a9.png

1206684379_Screenshot2023-01-27at20-39-23Emby.thumb.png.65cd55e7873c90d0d77d59337f58ab06.png

a few scroll pages later .................

712951372_Screenshot2023-01-27at20-39-47Emby.thumb.png.90dbdd3c7d7f9968984133eaeb34c2ad.png

Please report any errors , thanks

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 20-34-42 Emby.png

myCast_io.zip

Edited by mickle026
  • Thanks 2

mickle026

Fix for image search where some results above 50 showed my testing persons image (oops i have left their name in there - sorry!)

Re-uploaded

• Thanks 1

tr0nllam

I love the concept of this plugin, but it has the same issue I've had with the Custom Provider plugin; it becomes very slow when accessing an actor with no metadata. Some actor pages take almost 20 seconds to load with this plugin installed.

mickle026
1 hour ago, tr0nllam said:

I love the concept of this plugin, but it has the same issue I've had with the Custom Provider plugin; it becomes very slow when accessing an actor with no metadata. Some actor pages take almost 20 seconds to load with this plugin installed.

Every Metadata plugin for people fire when there is no metadata or certain metadata is missing such as overview, so if you have tmdb, tvdb, tvmaze, omdb and others etc they all do their thing and the time adds up.  People cannot be selected/dissabled or prioritised in any of them.

I can perhaps put a config page in there that allows you to enable/dissable the plugin.  Dissable when not in use.....

Edited by mickle026

tr0nllam
5 hours ago, mickle026 said:

Every Metadata plugin for people fire when there is no metadata or certain metadata is missing such as overview, so if you have tmdb, tvdb, tvmaze, omdb and others etc they all do their thing and the time adds up.  People cannot be selected/dissabled or prioritised in any of them.

I can perhaps put a config page in there that allows you to enable/dissable the plugin.  Dissable when not in use.....

Would you give any thought to updating your original Custom Person Provider plugin? That one only grabbed images and didn't add any slowdown to Emby other than the image searching process itself.

mickle026
5 hours ago, tr0nllam said:

Would you give any thought to updating your original Custom Person Provider plugin? That one only grabbed images and didn't add any slowdown to Emby other than the image searching process itself.

I never did find out what changed here exactly.  I have a feeling it was within emby core and the waiting for results.

I do remember "someone" said they were running the old custom provider and the new one side by side and they were different, but I never did find out exactly why.

The only thing I can really see is that on the older plugin the metadata (text info)  part instantlay returned as empty and then it did the image part because back then I was not even attempting to get the text. (They work independatly of each other (Text/images) within the Emby environment).  

So here Emby is not waiting for the text part. The page waits for both sets of information before rendering.  So "I think" as it was not waiting for any text it was faster because of that.

When text is retrieved it has to be updated in the database then retrieved, sql does this by writing to like a cached.db (library.wal file) before updating the real.db which should be quicker.  Here im not entirely sure how it works, but I think if its not in the real.db Emby waits for sql to do it as "I think" sql reports there is an Entry to be returned.

I have no control over this part.

When getting text form scaping, I have to get the webpage then handle the text, dissecting it. Sometimes getting more than 1 page.  This is speed dependant on the website returning the information.  It can be blisteringly quick / painfully slow or anywhere in between.   The only thing I can do here is add a "Timeout" so that if data is not retrieved in a certain time, report that effectively there is none.  On some sites that will result in never getting the information.

However,

I can still return nothing for text as a config option ? - so the user has a choice of what runs in the plugin ...

• Get Metadata (text) (on/off)
  • Get Images (on/off)

I can even go further

• Get Metadata (text) (on/off)
  • - Get Date of Birth (on/off)
  • - Get Place of Birth (on/off)
  • - Get Overview (on/off)
  • - Timeout time selection box (per link/page data retrieval)

• Get Images (on/off)
  • - stop looking after 1st Image is found
  • - Timeout time selection box (per link/page data retrieval)

etc.

I think maybe if I added config it would suit everyones needs and they could be turned on/off as the user wanted ....

Maybe given the option would be better.. options are always good :)

If you compare the speed of the plugin to this plugin: MyPersonApi (has a config file to access my server)

You will see that because the MyPersonApi plugin is almost instant with the data, its very fast - you cant even tell that its running

Edited by mickle026
  • Thanks 1