Find a Subtitle "on the fly"

danmarcoux

danmarcoux

I'm a recent convert from Plex and I've grown quite fond of the feature that allows me to find a subtitle while a movie is playing.  Attached is from the Web Version of Plex, but I really use it the most on Roku and AppleTV. There have been times when I've either had the wrong subtitle loaded (like for a different language, or the timing has been so off that it's unusable until I get up  the next morning and adjust the timing.).  So, excuse my ignorance, is there a feature like this (or a plug-in) for Emby?   I've got "Subtitle Downloaders" enabled, but that doesn't really help if it's a totally wrong subtitle.  I've also go "Force subtitles" "Skip if default audio" and "Skip if the video aready contains..." deselected.  I've got "No Age Limit" set for "Stop trying..." and have "Save downloaded subtitles..." checked.  

2145383557_Screenshot2023-01-27at2_05_29PM.png.ef5d3ab3564829bdaa46b05047aad7c8.png

GrimReaper

Not sure what you're asking, as any client app has Subtitle search, either from three-dot menu>Edit subtitles on item detail screen or from CC OSD icon during playback. 

danmarcoux
5 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Not sure what you're asking, as any client app has Subtitle search, either from three-dot menu>Edit subtitles on item detail screen or from CC OSD icon during playback. 

Am I missing something?  The attached image is from the Roku app.

IMG_0128.jpg.47523bb09684b55a3b0b9f4706335688.jpg

I can see "Subtitle Search" from the Web App, but on every title I've tried it comes back with no match.  I entered in my Login/Password for OpenSubtitles.  I've checked OpenSubtitles and see that for many of the titles I've selected that there are multiple subtitles available.  

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, danmarcoux said:

Am I missing something?  The attached image is from the Roku app.

Not familiar with Roku app so @ebr or @speechles might revert on that.

8 minutes ago, danmarcoux said:

I can see "Subtitle Search" from the Web App, but on every title I've tried it comes back with no match.  I entered in my Login/Password for OpenSubtitles.  I've checked OpenSubtitles and see that for many of the titles I've selected that there are multiple subtitles available.  

Opensubtitles.org or opensubtitles.com? As currently only former is supported. Also, are you using VPN as it might be blocked, as well as your geolocation might be restricted? 

danmarcoux

I've tried both .com and .org.   

I've tried looking through the logs, but my dad just so happens to be watching a movie right now, so the logs are absolutely inundated with entries from him playing a video.

The server is behind a VPN.  I'll disable it and try again later when I have everything to myself again.  

Hi. The Roku app does not yet have on the fly subtitle searching and downloading.  It will in the future.