scrape tmdb keywords and allow filtering by keywords

the8thbit

the8thbit

Filtering by genre is fine, but it would be nice if Emby scraped TMDB keywords for more fine grained info and filtering. Especially if this was combined with my complex filtering suggestion to allow complex genre and keyword filtering: 

This would obviously become a very long list very quickly, so it would need to be a seperate menu accessible from within the filter menu, rather than being accessible directly from the filter menu.

Edited by the8thbit

Happy2Play

Would have to search but believe they were removed awhile ago.

Are Tags and Keywords the same?  Personally, I don't see a difference, but tags can be anything where keywords are more targeted to the media/plot.

But Emby does get them from provider but just does not use them per provider cached metadata. 

I know Emby can read existing keywords as I have an option in MCM to enable and write to my xml metadata.

Edited by Happy2Play

GrimReaper
23 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Are Tags and Keywords the same?  Personally, I don't see a difference, but tags can be anything where keywords are more tagged to the media/plot.

I know Emby can read existing keywords as I have an option in MCM to enable and write to my xml metadata.

TMM enables scraping keywords from TMDB and IMDB as <tag> NFO tags - which Emby happily ingest afterwards and is where vast majority of my 100,000+ tags attached to media comes from. 

• Like 1

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at:

• Like 1