Need more information about screensaver

IrishMerlin

IrishMerlin

I'm using Emby web app, version 4.7.11.0 @Happy2Play

I searched the Emby (should it be lowercase emby?) forum and googled, but didn't find what I was looking for - apologies if this was already asked:

1. I go to "Configure Emby" - or "Manage Emby Server" -> Clicked on "Display" -> I see Screensaver with Logo, Backdrop, Photo - that made me smile. But how do I implement that? I couldn't find a good Knowledge Base regarding screensaver. So... based on the forum/google research, I confirmed that I'm not using windows screensaver at all. I do not have computer go to sleep, etc. If I selected the Photo screen saver, after 5ish minutes, the screen goes to black. If I were to change the backdrop screensaver, do I need to provide images somewhere? -- Basically I need guidance on this.
  2. Is there a way I can shorten the delay before displaying screensaver? Again, based on research, I found one person said to check screensavermanager.js, but the forum ended without much details. I looked into screensavermanager.js (I know some programming) and had to use beautify for JS and didn't find anything related directly to 5 minute or whatever minutes to modify. Perhaps I overlooked, but is there a way to change the duration before displaying screensaver?
  3. Is there a detailed documentation about the difference on Logo, Backdrop, Photo screensaver and how to use / build images / etc for each one?

Basically I'm asking for ELI5 on how to implement screensaver. (ELI5 = Explain Like I'm 5 years old).

Much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
Happy2Play
On 1/25/2023 at 12:23 AM, IrishMerlin said:

I go to "Configure Emby" - or "Manage Emby Server" -> Clicked on "Display" -> I see Screensaver with Logo, Backdrop, Photo - that made me smile. But how do I implement that? I couldn't find a good Knowledge Base regarding screensaver. So... based on the forum/google research, I confirmed that I'm not using windows screensaver at all. I do not have computer go to sleep, etc. If I selected the Photo screen saver, after 5ish minutes, the screen goes to black. If I were to change the backdrop screensaver, do I need to provide images somewhere? -- Basically I need guidance on this.

No you don't have to provide anything besides libraries.  Logo is Emby Logo, Backdrops from items in your Libraries, Photos from Home videos and photos library.

Is there a way I can shorten the delay before displaying screensaver? Again, based on research, I found one person said to check screensavermanager.js, but the forum ended without much details. I looked into screensavermanager.js (I know some programming) and had to use beautify for JS and didn't find anything related directly to 5 minute or whatever minutes to modify. Perhaps I overlooked, but is there a way to change the duration before displaying screensaver?

Don't know code but here is your interval (only applies to the web client)

ScreenSaverManager.prototype.setInterval = function () {
        this.interval || _servicelocator.appHost.supports("screensaver") && (this.interval = new _methodtimer.default({
                onInterval: function () {
                    var doc;
                    this.isShowing() || Date.now() - lastFunctionalEvent < 3e5 || isPlayingVideo || ("hidden" === (doc = document).visibilityState || !doc.hasFocus() || _inputmanager.default.idleTime() < 3e5 || this.show())
                }
                .bind(this),
                timeoutMs: 3e4,
                type: "interval"
            }))

Is there a detailed documentation about the difference on Logo, Backdrop, Photo screensaver and how to use / build images / etc for each one?

None that I am aware of. But these types are exactly what they say.  It utilizes Emby Logo, item Backdrops or Photo from your configured library items.

Also note this is a per device setting not a global setting.

IrishMerlin

I see that you gave me a javascript function that sets the interval that would trigger a function every 3e4 (30 seconds), etc. 

I understand this only applies to the web client which is exactly what I want. But where do I put that within Emby without having to edit Emby's source code?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, IrishMerlin said:

I see that you gave me a javascript function that sets the interval that would trigger a function every 3e4 (30 seconds), etc. 

I understand this only applies to the web client which is exactly what I want. But where do I put that within Emby without having to edit Emby's source code?

There is no option in Emby that I know of.