Media type AACP

StuBailey

StuBailey

I'm adding free internet radio stations by using .strm files with the URL. Sites like Shoutcast are easy since they offer choices to save as .m3u .pls etc. I get the url from the m3u and save as .strm. On Tunein I do some spy work and get the actual url of the station and paste it in a .strm file and most work. This seems to be the same on almost any site. The ones that don't work on emby with .strm files says no compatible streams, but the same url pasted in my browser works. The ones that don't work says the media type is aacp. Here's an example URL.

https://prod-44-204-19-131.wostreaming.net/audacy-wcbsfmaac-imc

StuBailey

I just noticed these are working on the TV with a Roku. Both the beta and the current version so it wasn't the beta.. I then tried a different browser and it works.. I normally use Firefox so I'll play with addons and blockers to see if I can figure it out.

• Like 1

StuBailey

Firefox doesn't directly support AAC so when I paste the link in a tab without emby, Windows probably detects it and it works with add-ons and blockers on or off. Seems sluggish even on the Roku.. Maybe internet speed, or lack of it. Been using mobile hot-spot.

Not a high priority at all.. was just another toy for me to play with.

StuBailey

.. not sluggish on Roku... just one bad channel and replaced the same channel from another site. This is awesome.. you can add your own channel with no need to add the tunein app/plugin or similar.. make your own library just like movies or tv shows.. maybe a python script to grab the metadata on those urls...

Keep up the good work - you have me sold.

On 1/26/2023 at 1:34 AM, StuBailey said:

Hi, actually there was a log....  ok so you expect that URL to work and I thought I just came across a whole new audio codec :)

With a lot of logs from trying a lot of URLs I think this might not match the sample URL I gave but probably shows what you need to know .

ffmpeg-transcode-5fe592cd-e6ac-4bbd-afed-9bd182f94135_1.txt 8.22 kB · 2 downloads

It doesn't match. Did this one play?

StuBailey

I looked inside and see for sure it doesn't match, but that url also doesn't play in Firefox, but does play on Microsoft Edge browser. It also works on TV with Roku. When I try to recreate the error in Firefox it instantly gives that error message instead of trying to load so not sure if that's cache memory in case you want me to recreate it. If it works with Firefox from your team trying to reproduce it then it's my individual error. Firefox it for setting things up so no biggie.

A bit off topic but when I put the same URL in a .pls or .M3U file and play it on a Winamp or Pot Player, the mega data shows up with band and song title. I even know how to get the .jason file that updates for each song... I can paste the url with that jason file in the browser and see the title.. But no way to execute 2 urls in a pls or strm file in emby.. That would have been a way to get song title like what must be built into those media players to fetch the data..

Happy2Play

Dropping the link in first post in IPTV plugin plays.  Pasting that url in my browsers just goes into infinite download.

image.png.43b7cbdf69b92a37da3e4790db7364c8.png

putting the url in a strm file in a movie library played without issue also.  Edge/Chrome/Firefox

• Thanks 1

StuBailey

ok so the same with me... I tried a stream in a TV library and it worked with Firefox. The only difference is that first post URL works in my Firefox and Edge browser, but only with Edge Browser in a music library in emby - both browser work using IPTV or a TV library. I actually thought I found a new codec to report so I'm not really looking for a fix.. It works on the TV and that's good enough for me.