Emby & Rclone Mount Extremely Slow Scan

feerlessleadr
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

feerlessleadr

Hi - I have had an encrypted google drive mounted to my windows 10 machine via rclone mount for a number of years, and in general it has worked without issue. I serve both Movies & TV shows to emby, along with local media as well on my server. 

On Saturday morning, I had a power outage at my house which knocked out my internet and borked my router, so I was offline for about 1.5 days while I waited for Spectrum to come out and fix the issue. In the meantime, I popped in a temp router, at which point got me back up and running for watching local media via my lan. Of course, this meant that emby couldn't see my rclone mount for my online movies/TV shows, and partially removed those items from my library. 

On Sunday evening, after my internet was back up, I re-started my windows box so that my mounts would auto mount, and let emby do its thing to re-scan my mising media. My movies rescanned without issue, however my TV Shows seemed to recognize that a show was there, but didn't add any artwork, episode files, and was just blank (see below screenshot):

image.thumb.png.193546d18b402b5e69377f04bcfbd9f4.png

This same thing happened when I first added my movies, and after I rescaned the movies library a few times, everything went back to normal. When I tried to do the same w/ my TV shows, I noticed that the library scan would sit at 95% for upwards of 10 hours. I then removed the folder from my TV Library, let emby remove all of the content, restarted emby, then re-added the folder. Emby started its scan, and it still got stuck at 95% and was taking quite a long time (it's still running as we speak). When looking at the logs, I'm seeing 2 things - 1 is that it looks like emby is recreating my title fingerprints for intro skipping (which probably is what is taking such a long time), and the 2nd is I'm seeing a ton of access errors to the nfo files on my google drive. See below for my log.

Emby can clearly access the mount (as my movies play fine from the same mount), and emby's title fingerprints are accessing the mkv files without issue, so I'm not sure why it is throwing an error over the nfo files specifically. 

To that point, is my assessment correct in that this scan is taking so long (and hence all of the TV shows in that folder aren't completely added to emby until the scan is finished) because of the title fingerprinting? Or does the issue look like it may also be related to the nfo permission errors? 

Worst case, I can just wait for the fingerprinting to be done, but that may take a few days at the pace this is moving, so wanted to ask. 

Thanks!

embyserver (11).txt

Edited by feerlessleadr

• Solution

Hi, some tips to improve scan performance:

• Remove third party plugins
  • Disable intro detection
  • Disable saving of nfo files. You enabled it, but the server is being denied write access, so you can see these errors filling up the log:
  • 2023-01-24 09:26:58.397 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.7.11.0
        Command line: C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
        Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19045
        Framework: .NET 6.0.10
        OS/Process: x64/x64
        Runtime: C:/Users/Kevin/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 8
        Data path: C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
        Application path: C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
        System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\root\gdrive\TV-emby\Cougar Town\Season 01\Cougar Town S01E08 [WEBDL-1080p][EAC3 5.1][x264]-Web4HD.nfo' is denied.

feerlessleadr
22 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, some tips to improve scan performance:

• Remove third party plugins
  • Disable intro detection
  • Disable saving of nfo files. You enabled it, but the server is being denied write access, so you can see these errors filling up the log:
  • 2023-01-24 09:26:58.397 Error ProviderManager: Error in metadata saver
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.7.11.0
        Command line: C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
        Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19045
        Framework: .NET 6.0.10
        OS/Process: x64/x64
        Runtime: C:/Users/Kevin/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 8
        Data path: C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
        Application path: C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
        System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\root\gdrive\TV-emby\Cougar Town\Season 01\Cougar Town S01E08 [WEBDL-1080p][EAC3 5.1][x264]-Web4HD.nfo' is denied.

Thanks Luke - I don't mind it taking so long if it is because the intro detection, I just wanted to confirm that once the intro detection was done, the 'blank' TV shows would show up as normal (i.e. w/ art and episodes, etc.). I was able to fix the access issues (not sure why that just started popping up but that's neither here nor there).