Using Emby on iPAD- wont play but can view library

thewallace
Go to solution Solved by thewallace,

thewallace

I have Emby server installed on a PC with lots of mkv and mp4 films stored locally. I can view them from other PCs in the house by installing Emby, no issues.

I just installed Emby 4.7.11.0 on my Ipad with IOS  16.3. I can view my entire video library and artwork, but when I click to play nothing happens. After about 15 seconds I get a popup that there are 'no compatible streams available. Is Emby for Ipad not designed to allow streaming of mkv/mp4?

pwhodges

The iOS app works fine - I use it as much as the Roku and the PC.

You need to provide a server log from the time that you tried to play so that the devs can work out what is preventing your particular files or system from playing and help you put it right.  Have you disabled transcoding?

Paul

thewallace

Transcoding is set to auto there is no disable choice. I just found that I am having the same spinning problem with a Windows 11 laptop on my local network. How do I locate the server logs?

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, thewallace said:

Transcoding is set to auto there is no disable choice. I just found that I am having the same spinning problem with a Windows 11 laptop on my local network. How do I locate the server logs?

You can download via App Settings-Logs or go direct to log path shown on Dashboard-three dot menu-Server info.

• Solution
thewallace

Just figured it out when the logs said it couldn't find the path listed. I had added a blu-ray drive a while back and changed all the drive letters. After renaming the drive letters in the Emby Library it started working. Simple fix, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• Thanks 1