[New Plugin] Anyone willing to write a new metadata plugin?

Roodee

Hello All,

I have a program for the longest time, called DVD Profiler by Invelos (Windows based).  You may have guessed it, it is for DVDs. Behind it is a massive community fed database.

Here is a screenshot.  I chose "Add DVD", in the next Dialog I typed "Alien" and then picked one from the list and chose preview.
image.thumb.png.cc62475fb816df68bd7e8f641ecf3975.png

In the mid window you can see how many versions there are, and that is only for "Locality = USA" and Region Code 1.

How do they know that these versions are different? They know by the UPC-code on the DVD. And just like Wikipedia, users are happily feeding the database with the information on the DVD-Case.

So, my idea was to tap into that database. Others have already done so, and there are plugins available for that.  "HTTPJolie" is the plugin I am currently looking at, which supports HTTP-queries. But maybe there are other plugins (e.g. based on SQL) that work better. Anyway, based on their work I would like to write a plugin that can query the online database from invelos.

There is a caveat though. To use the above plugins to query the DB, one has to be a registered user of DVD Profiler. I don't know if that means "paying".

Nonetheless, I hope that there are people around here that are willing to help or to contribute to this project. Maybe with their time, maybe with a sample code for such a plugin, maybe with code sniplets you already have, or anything else along those lines.

Please let me know here in this thread.

Thank you,
Roodee

BillOatman

That HTTPJolie seems to have its commands documented

Seems to be "legal", i.e. not screen scraping info, so that should be Ok.

If you get lucky maybe someone else uses it and it willing to make the plugin. Seems like you have to pay to be a registered user of the app.

Edited by BillOatman