Issue Skipping

MBSki

MBSki

I don't have a Fire Cube, so I'm not positive what the interface is, but with the standard Android app I can select Play, which starts the recording from the beginning. After that I have to HOLD the skip forward button to get all the way back to the resume point. Like you, resume doesn't work for me either. The only way I can resume is by skipping all the way back to the resume point. This is incredibly frustrating when trying to watch a football game. At every commercial break it forced me to go back to the beginning and skip forward to the new resume point. After watching 2 hours of the game this gets awfully irritating. 

@Luke Can you look into 2 issues? Resume and skip forward for in progress recordings?

MBSki
18 hours ago, Luke said:

@MBSki 

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

I reported the example, but I don't think I have the logs anymore as it was weeks ago. I'll try again this Sunday.

You understand the issue though right? Are you able to skip forward without going to the beginning of the recording? 

MBSki
On 1/23/2023 at 7:26 PM, Luke said:

@MBSki 

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

@Luke I just tried it again on today's NFL game between the 49ers and Eagles. I have to hold down the skip button in order to resume at the point I paused. I'll send logs to you via PM.

Edit: I also had to force transcoding. If I don't force transcoding, I can't skip.

Edited by MBSki

MBSki

@Luke Btw, there's no way to start an in-progress recording in the Xbox app. Can you add a method to get to the Play from beginning button at least?

• Thanks 1