Need to set next-up to first avail show, not first past last-watched

mchahn
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Many times I have had a missing tv episode file without knowing it.  Then I watch episodes beyond that also without knowing it.  I have made a feature request before to notify the user when this happens because it is a serious problem.  I also have a related problem that when I insert the missing file, the episode shows up as available but the next-up still takes me to one beyond the last played, not to the newly available episode.  So I have to remember I fixed the missing file so I can manually select that episode.  My aging brain has problems remembering. 

My feature request is to fix that and always have next-up point to the first available file, not the way it works now.  Thanks for listening.

• Like 1

I just had an idea.  I have a utility that finds problems like a missing file.  Is there some way to set the next-up to a specific episode using the API?  I could set the next-up to first available.  This could at least solve the remembering problem for me.

12 hours ago, mchahn said:

Is there some way to set the next-up to a specific episode using the API?

Not exactly but, if you were to set the last played date on the episode before it such that it would look like it was last played, then the result would be what you want.

• Like 1

• Solution

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at:

• Like 1