Update 1.0.37 missing keyboard in all devices.

farmay

Hello, after updating the application LG, when you open the search, the keyboard does not appear, the problem is the same on 5 TVs. In version 1.0.35 everything was fine. The keyboard works in other applications. Emby Server version - 4.7.11.0. Help me please.

Spoiler

photo_2023-01-22_14-48-31.jpg

Edited by farmay

11 часов назад, СамЕС сказал:

Можете ли вы выделить текст, используя буквы и цифры под полем поиска?

I can type in these letters, but they don't have my language and many characters.

11 hours ago, Luke said:

Привет, мы посмотрим на это. Спасибо за сообщение.

Hi Luke! How is it possible to roll back a version? My whole family can't use search, and it takes 20 minutes to find the right movie from my library..

11 hours ago, farmay said:

Hi Luke! How is it possible to roll back a version? My whole family can't use search, and it takes 20 minutes to find the right movie from my library..

Does your LG have a mechanism for installing older versions of apps? 

Anyway we are looking into it. 

On 1/26/2023 at 12:57 AM, Luke said:

Does your LG have a mechanism for installing older versions of apps? 

Anyway we are looking into it. 

No, I can't downgrade through TVs. I have 5 LG TVs and the same problem everywhere. I hope to correct the situation as soon as possible. Thank you. Because it's impossible to search for movies now..

HI, apologies for the delay. We are looking into it and will have this resolved for the next update to the Emby LG app. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 12:39 AM, Luke said:

HI, apologies for the delay. We are looking into it and will have this resolved for the next update to the Emby LG app. Thanks.

Luke, hi. Do you have any information? There has been no search for almost two months now .. If you wait for the next update, it may come out in half a year or even longer. How can I use all this time? Without search, it makes no sense to use the media library ..

Hi, we are working hard on the next Emby LG app update and we don't expect it will be as long as the previous update. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
hargydon

Also been having this problem for months, very frustrating. Especially as the search function is hit & miss already when typing in keys so the slow typing on the virtual keyboard with the cursor breaks the search function most of the time.

Edited by hargydon

farmay

Another month has passed, and the update has not come out, it has been impossible to use it for three months. Why did I buy a perpetual license if now it's just a catalog instead of a home theater?

• 1 month later...
farmay
On 2/14/2023 at 12:00 AM, Luke said:

Hi, we are working hard on the next Emby LG app update and we don't expect it will be as long as the previous update. Thanks.

For almost 4 months my TVs are just a useless catalogue. Do you really care about users?

SamES

Do you have a usb or wireless keyboard that you can connect? This is much better than an on screen keyboard if you search a lot

• 2 weeks later...
farmay
On 4/10/2023 at 1:57 PM, SamES said:

Do you have a usb or wireless keyboard that you can connect? This is much better than an on screen keyboard if you search a lot

Me and my relatives were absolutely satisfied with the standard search without a keyboard. It doesn't seem right to me to connect a keyboard to all members of my family. In the meantime, 4 months have passed since the update, and the development team still does not care about their users.

Edited by farmay

On 4/24/2023 at 1:55 PM, farmay said:

Me and my relatives were absolutely satisfied with the standard search without a keyboard. It doesn't seem right to me to connect a keyboard to all members of my family. In the meantime, 4 months have passed since the update, and the development team still does not care about their users.

Hi, the LG review process is long and difficult. I apologize for the delay but we are working on it.

• Thanks 1

Utini
On 5/1/2023 at 8:07 PM, Luke said:

Hi, the LG review process is long and difficult. I apologize for the delay but we are working on it.

Thank you. I got really frustrated again yesterday when a 2h movie ended up taking nearly 30mins longer than it should due to the constant freezes when playing HDR. 

It is at least nice to see that you guys are still on it to get the update through.

Is there any method to flash the emby app on LG by our self? Or do 4k HDR playback via LG Browser until the LG App is updated? Any other workaround e.g. xbox emby app?

Edit: Sadly it seems like the Emby app on the xbox series x doesn't playback HDR...

Edit2: LG Webbrowser app seems to support 4k HDR but I havent had the chance to try if it also has stuttering issue like the official LG Emby App. 

Edited by Utini

SamES
12 hours ago, Utini said:

Thank you. I got really frustrated again yesterday when a 2h movie ended up taking nearly 30mins longer than it should due to the constant freezes when playing HDR. 

It is at least nice to see that you guys are still on it to get the update through.

Is there any method to flash the emby app on LG by our self? Or do 4k HDR playback via LG Browser until the LG App is updated? Any other workaround e.g. xbox emby app?

Edit: Sadly it seems like the Emby app on the xbox series x doesn't playback HDR...

Edit2: LG Webbrowser app seems to support 4k HDR but I havent had the chance to try if it also has stuttering issue like the official LG Emby App. 

2 hours ago, Utini said:

Nope... unfortunately the lg browser with emby lags even more.

You've posted in this and another topic with no real context of what your issue is, which in both cases appears to be unrelated to the actual topic.  What is it that you are expecting to see resolved in the next version?

Can you please start a new topic and describe your specific issue with an example?  Here is some information that would be useful.  Thanks

Utini
8 hours ago, SamES said:

You've posted in this and another topic with no real context of what your issue is, which in both cases appears to be unrelated to the actual topic.  What is it that you are expecting to see resolved in the next version?

Can you please start a new topic and describe your specific issue with an example?  Here is some information that would be useful.  Thanks

See my replies in this thread:

I thought the issue got enough attention in the last 5 months for everyone to know about it already.

SamES
2 hours ago, Utini said:

See my replies in this thread:

Ok, then probably better to keep the comments related to that thread there as it makes it hard when you post a random statement in a topic about a different issue. 

We’re all trying to help, so the less confusing you can make it the better. 

Regarding your issue in the other topic, it will be fixed in the next update, but for that we need to get through LG’s submission process which is not quick. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

HI, please try the newly released Emby for LG 1.0.39 and let us know how things compare. Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...
mo_1038

Hello Luke, 

I've successfully paired my Bluetooth keyboard with LG tv and I can type certain characters on Emby search. For eg. Emby registers keystrokes like "F" or "X". Although,  there are a few keystrokes which are not registered by emby. 

I'm using a keychron K2 wireless keyboard. Please advise.

TIA.

Regards.

On 7/29/2023 at 6:32 AM, mo_1038 said:

Hello Luke, 

I've successfully paired my Bluetooth keyboard with LG tv and I can type certain characters on Emby search. For eg. Emby registers keystrokes like "F" or "X". Although,  there are a few keystrokes which are not registered by emby. 

I'm using a keychron K2 wireless keyboard. Please advise.

TIA.

Regards.

Hi, what are you looking for help on, the characters that aren't working? can you please provide a specific example? Thanks.