more recordings failing

justinrh

At the very end of the log it tried to start recording, but the log ends there so I can't tell what happened after that.

justinrh

@Luke check out this log for hints.  There should be at least 3 attempts listed.

I had several more recordings scheduled from yesterday until now and none recorded, but Emby thought they had been recorded.  In fact, the same series episodes that were missed before was re-playing on TV and I specifically picked them from the guide to record, but because Emby thought it was successful the first time, it didn't schedule to record.  The db must have them logged as recorded but they were not recorded!

This kind of failure that I'm exemplifying in these to posts needs to be analyzed for improvement, because I've missed more than 8 recordings all the while Emby thinks it is a-okay.  It should have logged a failure each time.  (And this failure should be denoted in the Live TV > Recordings list.)

I think it is working now.  I had to reboot the HDHomerun and the server box.  (The tuners were online, as the native app could stream, but I still rebooted it.)  So, Emby got in a bad state and wasn't able to properly communicate with the tuners, it seems.  It just blindly thought it was recording w/o any confirmation.

embyserver-63809942400.txt

OK So you have one of those older HDHR models that doesn't support the DLNA features, is that correct?