EmbyCon For Kodi 20

Nastream

Nastream
Kodi is very slow and crashes, I thought it was not compatible

I will try with a fresh install. I tell you if it's better

Nastream
I did a fresh install and I still have crashes.

----------

2023-01-19 21:24:18.683 T:9466  warning <general>: "resumetime" in ListItem.setProperty() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setResumePoint().
2023-01-19 21:24:18.683 T:9466  warning <general>: "totaltime" in ListItem.setProperty() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setResumePoint().
2023-01-19 21:24:18.684 T:9466  warning <general>: Setting most video properties through ListItem.setInfo() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use the respective setter in InfoTagVideo.
2023-01-19 21:24:18.684 T:9466  warning <general>: ListItem.setRating() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setRating().
2023-01-19 21:24:18.684 T:9466  warning <general>: "resumetime" in ListItem.setProperty() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setResumePoint().
2023-01-19 21:24:18.684 T:9466  warning <general>: "totaltime" in ListItem.setProperty() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setResumePoint().
2023-01-19 21:24:18.684 T:9466  warning <general>: Setting most video properties through ListItem.setInfo() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use the respective setter in InfoTagVideo.
2023-01-19 21:24:18.684 T:9466  warning <general>: ListItem.setRating() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setRating().
2023-01-19 21:24:18.685 T:9466  warning <general>: "resumetime" in ListItem.setProperty() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setResumePoint().
2023-01-19 21:24:18.685 T:9466  warning <general>: "totaltime" in ListItem.setProperty() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setResumePoint().
2023-01-19 21:24:18.685 T:9466  warning <general>: Setting most video properties through ListItem.setInfo() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use the respective setter in InfoTagVideo.
2023-01-19 21:24:18.685 T:9466  warning <general>: ListItem.setRating() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setRating().
2023-01-19 21:24:18.685 T:9466  warning <general>: "resumetime" in ListItem.setProperty() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setResumePoint().
2023-01-19 21:24:18.685 T:9466  warning <general>: "totaltime" in ListItem.setProperty() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setResumePoint().
2023-01-19 21:24:18.705 T:9466     info <general>: CPythonInvoker(17, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.embycon/default.py): waiting on thread 171735891136

TeamB

They are not errors they are warnings

The ListItem.setProperty() is still there but it will be removed in a few versions of Kodi, perhaps 21 or 22.

The new way of setting ListItem metadata is using the individual methods, from what I read it might even be faster but I will need to performance profile and experiment with that first.

This should not be causing you any issues.

Edited by TeamB

TeamB

I have been testing a bit today. It looks ok to me on my windows machine, no crashes, no issues. I have not played a full movie, just some 2 to 3 min test runs, start a movie watch it for 2 to 3 min and them stop it. Everything looks like it is working ok.

cool0007

Kodi 20.0-RC2 (19.90.905) Git:20221219-a184a3a7fc) Platform: Windows NT x86 64-bit + Emby server 4.7.2.0 + Arctic Horizon 2 skin.

sorry that is not Emby's native skin🤒

Kodi 2023-01-14 00.22.57.jpg

Kodi 2023-01-14 00.23.32.jpg

Kodi 2023-01-14 01.08.18.jpg

Kodi 2023-01-14 00.57.24.jpg

Kodi 2023-01-14 00.58.39.jpg

Kodi 2023-01-14 01.02.56.jpg

Edited by cool0007

Nastream

thanks for your reply

i use Nvidia Shield, and shield Pro android :  crashes and very slow. (fresh install + défaut skin)

test with windows 10 ok no problème

Nastream
my log file will become very heavy with warnings...

does anyone know how to disable alerts?

I unchecked logging in kodi but the alerts are still there

TeamB
1 hour ago, Nastream said:
my log file will become very heavy with warnings...

does anyone know how to disable alerts?

I unchecked logging in kodi but the alerts are still there

warnings only show up with debug logging, make sure you have disabled debug logging in both kodi and any addons.

if you are still seeing warnings in logs with debug off post an example.

TeamB

I just checked again and you are correct warning are showing up in normal logging mode:

2023-01-21 09:58:05.201 T:15476 warning <general>: Setting most video properties through ListItem.setInfo() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use the respective setter in InfoTagVideo.
2023-01-21 09:58:05.201 T:15476 warning <general>: ListItem.addStreamInfo() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.addVideoStream(), InfoTagVideo.addAudioStream() and InfoTagVideo.addSubtitleStream().

I wonder if there is an option in Kodi to disable the warning log items

I will eventually update the addon to use the new methods but that is going to take a few weeks.

agentxan

When I use Kodi 20 with the embycon skin I have problems with the embycon context menus on the Recently Added tv shows. Some of them bring up the embycon context menu but others flash the screen several times and brings up a kodi context menu. This is a fresh install with just embycon added.

Edited by agentxan

TeamB

I have noticed some weird double action issues, where you hit a button and it looks and sounds like the button was pressed twice, I have noticed this on the home screen.

try going to the addon and selecting an item from the nodes there and hit the C key to bring up the context menu, perhaps there is some weird home screen bug with the skin.

agentxan

If I go into the addon and press c to bring up the context menu on a show that does not work on the home screen it does the same thing. If I go into the show the context menu works on the individual episodes

TeamB

Yeah I am finding the same thing even with the default skin, it is a little weird as it is looks like it is only TV Shows doing it and only some of them.

The good news is I can reproduce it so should be able to get to the bottom of it.

You can both delete you logs now from the forum, I have them, thanks.

TeamB

just a heads up, I have found the issue with the context menu, I have a fix/work around for it but want to also spend some time trying to remove some of the warnings in the log so will have a new version in the next few days.

• Thanks 1

TeamB

I have updated the Beta repo to the latest nexus build of the EmbyCon plugin.

You will need to make sure you are running the latest version of the Emby Kodi Beta Repo (1.0.10)

repository.beta.emby.kodi-1.0.10.zip

If you already have it installed just do an add-on update and then select available updates as I dont think repo add-ons auto update.

if you dont have it get it from here, you need to BETA version:

http://kodi.emby.tv

In the new beta repo is version 1.11.1 beta of the EmbyCon add-on, this new version fixes most of the warnings in the log and also fixes the stutter delay when opening context menus on TV Show items.

agentxan

Thank you for the quick fix. The warnings in the log for video items are gone and the context menu shows up for all the tv shows I tried. If I go to music items the warnings are still in the log and now music albums cause an error when trying to open them.

2023-01-22 21:14:37.684 T:32280 warning <general>: Setting most music properties through ListItem.setInfo() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use the respective setter in InfoTagMusic.

2023-01-22 21:14:50.760 T:7272    error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'xbmc.InfoTagMusic' object has no attribute 'setSortTitle'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\kodi20\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.embycon\default.py", line 18, in <module>
                                                       main_entry_point()
                                                     File "C:\kodi20\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.embycon\resources\lib\tracking.py", line 22, in wrapper
                                                       value = func(*args, **kwargs)
                                                     File "C:\kodi20\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.embycon\resources\lib\functions.py", line 166, in main_entry_point
                                                       get_content(param_url, params)
                                                     File "C:\kodi20\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.embycon\resources\lib\tracking.py", line 22, in wrapper
                                                     File "C:\kodi20\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.embycon\resources\lib\dir_functions.py", line 130, in get_content
                                                       dir_items, detected_type, total_records = process_directory(url, progress, params, use_cache)
                                                     File "C:\kodi20\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.embycon\resources\lib\dir_functions.py", line 388, in process_directory
                                                       gui_item = add_gui_item(u, item_details, display_options, folder=False)
                                                     File "C:\kodi20\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.embycon\resources\lib\item_functions.py", line 749, in add_gui_item
                                                       info_tag_music.setSortTitle(item_details.sort_name)
                                                   AttributeError: 'xbmc.InfoTagMusic' object has no attribute 'setSortTitle'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--