/var/packages/EmbyServer/var/passwordreset.txt

EuanHenry

EuanHenry

I'm using a Synology Nas after I downloaded and installed Emby on the nas I was able to set up two folders in the library. I did not set up a password however I accidentally signed out and now I cannot sign back in because I do not have a password. I tried to use the forget your password prompt but I get that file destination path and I have no idea what it is or what to do with it. 

On 1/18/2023 at 8:31 AM, EuanHenry said:

I'm using a Synology Nas after I downloaded and installed Emby on the nas I was able to set up two folders in the library. I did not set up a password however I accidentally signed out and now I cannot sign back in because I do not have a password. I tried to use the forget your password prompt but I get that file destination path and I have no idea what it is or what to do with it. 

Send me a PM (hover over my avatar for messaging) and let me know when you're available and I can remote in using TeamViewer to give you a hand with this.
I'm in the Eastern Time Zone same as NY City so, if possible, let me know using NY City time your availability.

GaryWOZ1

I have the same problem on a Synology server and I could access through the passwords but the next day no access saying the user name or password is incorrect. I cannot access the file on the Synology server. Please advise what I can do. Thank you. @cayars

• 4 weeks later...
Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, GaryWOZ1 said:

Luke,

No I can access thru the iPhone app but not direct to the server in Windows 10

You have to SSH into Synology or use something like WinSCP from Windows.

How to access Synology NAS as Admin or Superuser using WinSCP - Tutorials and Guides - Emby Community

4 hours ago, GaryWOZ1 said:

Luke,

No I can access thru the iPhone app but not direct to the server in Windows 10

Are you logging in using a saved password on the iPhone for the admin account or is this using a different username?
If it's an admin account you could create a new user with admin access setting a password.  Then back on the computer try logging in with the new admin account.
If that works you can use the new account to change the original account's password.
Then once you test and verify you can login with the original admin account you could remote the newer admin account.

• 6 months later...

seriously LUke etc, you guys need to fix this pronto; we all shouldn't have to be computer engineers just to reset a bloody password, nor should we have to allow someone to remote into our computers to reset a password.

Who thought up this brilliant idea anyway?

41 minutes ago, RoyKent said:

seriously LUke etc, you guys need to fix this pronto; we all shouldn't have to be computer engineers just to reset a bloody password, nor should we have to allow someone to remote into our computers to reset a password.

Who thought up this brilliant idea anyway?

Hi, apologies for the frustration. We are looking at ways of improving this.