BETA VERSION 7.13.5: No Sync When Starting Kodi.

kron0s

As discussed I opening a new thread to track this -

After launching kodi embycon doesn't sync the latest updates from emby.  After playing a file and then stopping it, the sync happens almost instantly afterwards. 

This is happening on both my nvidia shield devices.  I have also tried to reinstall the add-on, reset db.. etc..

Attached is my kodi log where I reproduced this behavior. 

This may be the issue? 

2023-01-17 00:48:00.930 T:23364 WARNING <general>: Process directory 'widget_refresh_trigger' does not exist - skipping scan.

@quickmic

kodi.log

Edited by kron0s
  • Like 1

quickmic
3 hours ago, kron0s said:

2023-01-17 00:48:00.930 T:23364 WARNING <general>: Process directory 'widget_refresh_trigger' does not exist - skipping scan.

No, that's not an issue.

Which Emby server version are you using? Probably 4.8.0.21 beta?

5 hours ago, quickmic said:

No, that's not an issue.

Which Emby server version are you using? Probably 4.8.0.21 beta?

Nope - The latest stable: 4.7.11.0

Edited by kron0s

quickmic

Ok, then I need a kodi.log after the initial sync.

Your uploaded log shows no issues, but you mentioned the init sync was not working. Or is the init sync working and the Kodi startup (delta) sync not?

Obviously the realtime sync is working (when Kodi is online).

Please be specific, there are so many possibilities.

btw I assume this was a mistake

After launching kodi embycon

You are talking about emby for kodi next gen, right? Not embycon.

Edited by quickmic

28 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Ok, then I need a kodi.log after the initial sync.

Your uploaded log shows no issues, but you mentioned the init sync was not working. Or is the init sync working and the Kodi startup (delta) sync not?

Obviously the realtime sync is working (when Kodi is online).

Please be specific, there are so many possibilities.

btw I assume this was a mistake

You are talking about emby for kodi next gen, right? Not embycon.

Yes, Emby for Kodi Next Gen, sorry about that. 

So basically this is what happens. 

1. I launch Kodi

2. Emby Next Gen Login Successful pops up.

3. Nothing happens.

If I play a video, it will start playing.  I then stop the video and then Kodi will sync from Emby it's updates -> videos are then updated in Kodi.

So the initial sync after opening Kodi and logging in is not happening unless it's trigger by playing a video.

Edited by kron0s

quickmic

Ok, what is not synced on startup. Just the progress/watched status of existing content in Kodi OR did you add new content and that is not synced (added) on startup?

Do you have a test case? Can you reproduce the issue any time?

Edited by quickmic

3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Ok, what is not synced on startup. Just the progress/watched status of existing content in Kodi OR did you add new content and that is not synced (added) on startup?

Do you have a test case? Can you reproduce the issue any time?

Nothing is synced at startup.  Basically nothing happens until I play a video and then stop it.  Once I do that new content and progress/watch status gets updated.

Yes the log I provided above was a test case.  I can reproduct the issue every single time.

Spoke too quick, seems like it's still happening more often then not.  The only reliable way to get my videos synced is to play and stop a video.

quickmic
12 minutes ago, kron0s said:

Spoke too quick, seems like it's still happening more often then not.  The only reliable way to get my videos synced is to play and stop a video.

Once again, please be specific. If Start up sync is not correct, this means you changed the progress somewhere/somehow else.

Those information are missing.

Also check if the status is correct on Emby server. That's what counts, nothing else!

I need a reproducible test case, otherwise I cannot help you and there will be no progress in debugging.

more often then not

Is nothing I can work with, sorry.

To be clear, The progress/watched status on Emby server is what is synced to Kodi (next gen). Actually this is all you need to design a test case.

1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Once again, please be specific. If Start up sync is not correct, this means you changed the progress somewhere/somehow else.

Those information are missing.

Also check if the status is correct on Emby server. That's what counts, nothing else!

I need a reproducible test case, otherwise I cannot help you and there will be no progress in debugging.

Is nothing I can work with, sorry.

To be clear, The progress/watched status on Emby server is what is synced to Kodi (next gen). Actually this is all you need to design a test case.

What do you mean check the status on the Emby server?  The Emby server is up to date.  It is Kodi that is not syncing with Emby upon launch / login.  

Yes this is correct, I am trying to get the progrress/watch status / updated videos to sync with Kodi but this is not happening automatically after logging in / starting Kodi.

quickmic
1 minute ago, kron0s said:

What do you mean check the status on the Emby server?  The Emby server is up to date.  It is Kodi that is not syncing with Emby upon launch / login.  

Yes this is correct, I am trying to get the progrress/watch status / updated videos to sync with Kodi but this is not happening automatically after logging in / starting Kodi.

The watched status on Emby server or whatever is not working. This is all not clear at the moment. Sorry, but unless a reproducible test case, I stop here.

Just now, quickmic said:

The watched status on Emby server or whatever is not working. This is all not clear at the moment. Sorry, but unless a reproducible test case, I stop here.

The watch status on Emby is working.  I am not sure what you mean..   The only issue is emby next gen / Kodi.  I can downgrade to an older version  of Emby Next Gen and this will all work, this only broke in the last few updates.  

It is reproducible and those are the logs I supplied originally. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 2:33 AM, quickmic said:

Ok, I pushed this version to beta repo. I hope this was the last sync issue.

Thanks so much! confirmed this fixed my issue 

• Like 1