video utility to manipulate audio tracks

justinrh

justinrh

Does someone know of a GUI utility where manipulation of audio tracks is easy? I need to:
- remove tracks
- copy tracks (from source to output during conversion, not within the same source file)
- create new tracks (convert a source track to another format, while preserving the original track)

justinrh

I've been digging around the web, but I am hoping someone has a vetted solution to share.

XMediaRecode does what I need, but it is some ugly UX.

StaxRip also does it, but it is also an odd UI with a quirky UX.

VidCoder seems to be a pretty (but nice) UI for HandBrake.  (Can do the audio stuff, but no video copy, which I also need sometimes.)

MeGUI - delete!

SarkUI - won't run.

viking19
14 hours ago, justinrh said:

I've been digging around the web, but I am hoping someone has a vetted solution to share.

XMediaRecode does what I need, but it is some ugly UX.

StaxRip also does it, but it is also an odd UI with a quirky UX.

VidCoder seems to be a pretty (but nice) UI for HandBrake.  (Can do the audio stuff, but no video copy, which I also need sometimes.)

MeGUI - delete!

SarkUI - won't run.

Avidemux is another option, it has a nice UX and it can copy the video and audio tracks but it's audio convert codecs are limited (no DTS), it's also really slow to load a file. I use Vidcoder for compression and XMedia Recode when I want the video track copied, I agree the UX is clunky and overly complicated but it does work. I also spent time digging for software a while ago but there just aren't many programs that have video copy as a feature.

• Thanks 1