No Update Dates?

Film Playlist

Film Playlist

Hi Guys,

I noticed that there are no dates on any of the new iterations. Currently, I'm using 4.7.1.1.0, and I don't really know how old it is. Is there a way you can add dates to the iterations? Or at least add some sort of notification feature to let us know when updates/important updates are available?

Also, I've noticed that I'm having an issue with "Live TV recordings" being able to get season and episode data. The recording feature treats every show as a movie. I'm not sure if the EPG file is missing important data; or a bug in Emby's program. It would be really nice if this can be resolved.

Thanks.

pwhodges

Version and date information is maintained here:

The server dashboard shows when a new version of the server is available, and if not running as a service can be set to install it automatically.

Have you specified separate folders for recording series and movies?  This might help.
What EPG source are you using - is it Emby's or another?

Paul

• 4 weeks later...
Film Playlist
On 1/16/2023 at 6:34 AM, pwhodges said:

Version and date information is maintained here:

The server dashboard shows when a new version of the server is available, and if not running as a service can be set to install it automatically.

Have you specified separate folders for recording series and movies?  This might help.
What EPG source are you using - is it Emby's or another?

Paul

My question wasn't really about the version itself. My problem is there appears to be no notes as to what was done from one iteration to another.

In regard to the EPG, I've used several, and that includes my providers EPG, and from XMLTV. They all have the same issue. The problem is specific to TV shows, almost none of the channels have season and episode information. I've also tried this on my PLEX account, so I know it's not Emby. I don't think it's worth looking into this further. IPTV appears to be very popular, yet at the same time, there is no real solid support for it. this really sucks!!!

6 minutes ago, Film Playlist said:

My question wasn't really about the version itself. My problem is there appears to be no notes as to what was done from one iteration to another.

In regard to the EPG, I've used several, and that includes my providers EPG, and from XMLTV. They all have the same issue. The problem is specific to TV shows, almost none of the channels have season and episode information. I've also tried this on my PLEX account, so I know it's not Emby. I don't think it's worth looking into this further. IPTV appears to be very popular, yet at the same time, there is no real solid support for it. this really sucks!!!

Hi, what exactly is your question about xml tv?

Film Playlist
20 hours ago, Luke said:

It's not a question, it's a problem I can't resolve. And I don't think it's Emby, because I have the same issue with PLEX. I first thought that I had to remap my channels, because I've discovered that I originally mapped channels with wrong locations. In other words HBO (East) was mapped to (West). Now that I have those channels corrected, I still have the problem when recording shows the proper Season and episode is not shown in the recording, or naming convention. In fact, it's not even included in the *.nfo file data.

I don't feel I know enough about the functionality of IPTV to feel like I know what the problem is. My instinct says that it's the EPG. Whether I've used my provider's link or Emby's XMLTV plugin, I have the same issue.

IN ADDITION: to the above, I've also notice that when I use the record button, there are some movies that would stop recording after 15 minutes; and some TV shows automatically stop recording after about 5 minutes. This doesn't appear to happen with all channels. So, again, I don't know if it's the EPG sources missing data, or a bug with Emby.

My only way to get around this, is to manually set a channel and record time. But when I do this, I don't get the full show information. Using the record button at this point means, if it doesn't work, I may lose the opportunity to record it again

Example, the below info is gathered when the recording does what it's supposed to. When I am forced to do it manually, no data is gathered.

works.thumb.png.4cfc18e0808b7ada131ada0c31fba5a4.png

Edited by Film Playlist

Film Playlist
On 2/10/2023 at 5:52 PM, Luke said:

You know, it just occurred to me after all this time. I may not be getting all of the show information, AND or both not being able to record shows buy using the record button, the feed I'm connecting too may be kicking me off. I say this because I've switched to a better provider; and all though my visual experience is significantly better, my recordings still cut off. I give upon this issue, as if I really wanted to watch a particular show/movie at a later date, there are other means of obtaining those videos.

On 2/11/2023 at 1:39 PM, Film Playlist said:

It's not a question, it's a problem I can't resolve. And I don't think it's Emby, because I have the same issue with PLEX. I first thought that I had to remap my channels, because I've discovered that I originally mapped channels with wrong locations. In other words HBO (East) was mapped to (West). Now that I have those channels corrected, I still have the problem when recording shows the proper Season and episode is not shown in the recording, or naming convention. In fact, it's not even included in the *.nfo file data.

I don't feel I know enough about the functionality of IPTV to feel like I know what the problem is. My instinct says that it's the EPG. Whether I've used my provider's link or Emby's XMLTV plugin, I have the same issue.

IN ADDITION: to the above, I've also notice that when I use the record button, there are some movies that would stop recording after 15 minutes; and some TV shows automatically stop recording after about 5 minutes. This doesn't appear to happen with all channels. So, again, I don't know if it's the EPG sources missing data, or a bug with Emby.

My only way to get around this, is to manually set a channel and record time. But when I do this, I don't get the full show information. Using the record button at this point means, if it doesn't work, I may lose the opportunity to record it again

Example, the below info is gathered when the recording does what it's supposed to. When I am forced to do it manually, no data is gathered.

works.thumb.png.4cfc18e0808b7ada131ada0c31fba5a4.png

To answer, we're really have to look at a specific example of an episode, along with the corresponding xml data. 

15 hours ago, Film Playlist said:

You know, it just occurred to me after all this time. I may not be getting all of the show information, AND or both not being able to record shows buy using the record button, the feed I'm connecting too may be kicking me off. I say this because I've switched to a better provider; and all though my visual experience is significantly better, my recordings still cut off. I give upon this issue, as if I really wanted to watch a particular show/movie at a later date, there are other means of obtaining those videos.

We can look at an example and see what's going on.

Thanks.

Film Playlist
1 hour ago, Luke said:

We can look at an example and see what's going on.

Thanks.

I forgot about those logs. I want to spend some more time mapping my new playlist. I'm done with the old provider. The freezing was just intolerable. As soon as I finish, I will revisit the issue and send logs. Thanks..

Edited by Film Playlist
  • Thanks 1