unable to auto create boxsets/collections

robert powell
Go to solution Solved by robert powell,

robert powell

i have been having issues with my movie boxsets. it started several months ago, all the sudden emby started duplicating all sets. it started with a few, and i would delete them, then a few more, and before i knew it i couldn't keep up with deleting them. if i had a set called (for example) "star wars", it would duplicate it , but call it "star wars collection" if i had called it "star wars collection" it would duplicate it and call it "star wars" and the duplication half the time didn't even include all the movies in the set. after not being able to solve this isue i just decided to delete all the collections in the library and start over. but now emby is not replacing or making any collections at all. is there any way to force emby to scan the library and begin making new collections to replace every thing i deleted?

Hi, can you please try refreshing the metadata on some of the movies belonging to these collections? Please see if that helps. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, robert powell said:

right clicked and selected refresh metadata on several movies and no luck

Can you please provide an example?

What metadata fetchers are enabled on the library, and in what order?

• Thanks 1

robert powell

not sure i understand what exactly you want an example of.

as far as metadata fetchers in  the movie library they are (in order) TheMovieDb, The Open Moive Database, and The TVDB.

i haven't changed any configurations from what they were .... and it was working as far as making the collections goes .... my issue was it decided to make two different collections for every movie in the library.  All i did was delete all of them, and was going to see if it still did that when it rebuilt the collections library. only problem is it wont rebuild it. i can  manually make a collection, and it automatically identifies it and scrapes the metadata and images for the collection. it just wont make the collections. ive tried metadata refresh. ive tried library scans (which is when it seemed to make collections in the past after adding new content)

I remeber there used to be an option to force a refresh scan on the old boxset plugin before it was integrated. is there any way to that now, that im not aware of?

Edited by robert powell

Happy2Play

The new way works off item metadata.  If you write nfo files can you post one that does not work.

Also what is your library setting?

image.png.5ce3269291b0712265b9994acd9f3a49.png

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1

robert powell

yes , my settings are just as yours. like i said, it was making them, then it wasn't.  i haven't adjusted any settings. it just stopped after i deleted all the collections.

as for the nfo file .... are you wanting an nfo file for a movie that should be in a collection but isn't?

R.I.P.D. 2 Rise of the Damned (2022)[1080p].nfo

Edited by robert powell

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, robert powell said:

yes , my settings are just as yours. like i said, i was making them. i haven't adjusted any settings. it just stopped after i deleted them all.

as for the nfo file .... are you wanting an nfo file for a movie that should be in a collection but isn't?

R.I.P.D. 2 Rise of the Damned (2022)[1080p].nfo 5.39 kB · 1 download

This one has the info so now you would have to check the first one to ensure it has proper information also but likely it will not as I remember having to refetch this movie.

<set tmdbcolid="1041695">
    <name>R.I.P.D. Collection</name>
  </set>

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

The conflict here comes when a movie comes out and there is zero foresight of a sequel, so you do not have any <set>/collection info for the first movie.  Then years later the sequel comes out and cannot be grouped until first movie metadata is refreshed.

To me it is excessive but there is the per library "After the initial import, automatically refresh metadata from the internet:" every 30/60/90 update option.

• Thanks 1

robert powell

ok. i refreshed the first one, as you were right, it wasn't there. It  made a collection for it. heres the thing .... i have right clicked the "Movies" library and selected refresh meta data, both from the emby home screen and in settings/library , and it didn't fix any thing. does this mean i am going to have to manually refresh the metadata manunaly for every single item in my library? the other question is .... what happened to the information in the files to begin with. i mean it had to have been there at one time because every thing was in its respective collection until i deleted them All .

robert powell
10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

The conflict here comes when a movie comes out and there is zero foresight of a sequel, so you do not have any <set>/collection info for the first movie.  Then years later the sequel comes out and cannot be grouped until first movie metadata is refreshed.

To me it is excessive but there is the per library "After the initial import, automatically refresh metadata from the internet:" every 30/60/90 update option.

i have over 4000 titles in my collection. and currently only 3 collections . 2 i made manually and one just got made automatically with your help. and as i said, they were all there ... made automatically, before

Happy2Play

@robert powell Would need the server logs from when you did this but are any item locked or write permissions issue?

They cannot be made automatically without proper new item metadata.

• Solution
robert powell

actually I see what i did. when i did a refresh on the entire library, i said to look for missing meta data. when i  you had me do it on the single movie i to it to replace. i just told emby to replace every thing and collections are showing up now. still odd how it had made them before with the existing info in the file but wont now. anyway, thanks. it seems to be working

• Thanks 1