Emby pauses after each track

EmbyPenguin

EmbyPenguin

Hi,

Anyone else running Emby server from a QNAP Nas and driving it from a tablet with Android and having this weird behaviour : it often happens that, if I ask Emby to play a full album, it stops after the first track. Like it is "Paused". 

This happens whatever app I use : Emby Android App, Symfonium, BubbleUPNP, Hifi-Cast... 

This is getting a little annoying because apart of that, I love Emby server and the Emby App for Android. 

Regards.

EmbyPenguin

Hi,

As a follow up, it looks like I have done things completely wrong. 

Now when I play files from the Emby web interface on my computer it plays First track repeatedly. 

But the symbol next to Playlist does not look like it asks to repeat track. 

Besides, I would think it would be nice to be able to click on that symbol to change the playback mode...

So the plot thickens. 

To a point where I will probably delete that Emby user and create another one to see if that improve things 🙂

Regards. 

EmbyPenguin

Hi again,

Sorry if I reply to myself but I'm trying to find all possible solutions. 

So it seems the problem is not the Emby server. But the way the music streamer receives instructions from the Playback app. 

Why am I saying this ? 

3 case scenarions

- Case 1 : files serverd by Emby server are played directly to the Streamer : no problem, files are played as they should and play one after each other (with a small gap between tracks though)

- Case 2 : files served by Emby server are sent to the streamer with either Emby App on Android or directly from the Emby interface on the computer : playback does stop after first track whatever I do ; 

- Case 3 : files served by Emby server are sent to streamer using Symfonium app : the files are played in order but randomly. Maybe I can listen to 3/4 tracks in a row, but after that the fifth does not play 😞

So it seems the SERVER is not at fault but the way the interface apps are sending files to the streamer. It seems they do not fill up the streamer's playlist... Or they only do it randomly 😞

- Case 1 : files serverd by Emby server are played directly to the Streamer : no problem, files are played as they should and play one after each other (with a small gap between tracks though)

Hi, what do you mean by the streamer? What app is playing the songs?

EmbyPenguin

Hi Luke, 

Thanks for taking time to reply and try to solve the problem. 

By the "Streamer" I mean the device that receives the files. I think the name should be the "renderer". 
It is a ShanlingEA5... and I think it does not support proper gapless. 

I have been in tocuh with the dev of an Android App that can be the interface between Emby server and the renderer. 
The app is called "Symfonium" and the dev is Tolriq. 
I've sent him log of the app and it seems the culprit is indeed the Shanling renderer that says it is paused and as such does not play the next file. 
It's in the queue ut queue does not start 😞

In case you're interested and would like to see what he replied, here's the link to the forum where I psoted : 
https://support.symfonium.app/t/playback-does-not-make-it-to-the-full-playlist/1282

Regards. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
EmbyPenguin

Hi, 

Sorry for bringing this back again, but...

I returned the Shanling EA5 as it showed problems with executing tracks in a row. 

I now stream to my tablet that uses "UAPP" as a renderer. 

What I have noticed is that when I strat to stream files from Emby app OR Emby webpage, I do not have access to "control" over playback. 
In other words, Emby does not show what is currently played. 
So I do not have access to "Play/Pause" or "Next track"... or things like that. 

This does not happen if I stream to the Raspberry pi4 with runeAudio. 

If it would be that, I would be able to live with it. BUT : when I do not have those controls showing, it also happens that playback stops after first track. 

Anyone else having thise weird behavior ? 

Regards. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 4:28 AM, EmbyPenguin said:

Hi, 

Sorry for bringing this back again, but...

I returned the Shanling EA5 as it showed problems with executing tracks in a row. 

I now stream to my tablet that uses "UAPP" as a renderer. 

What I have noticed is that when I strat to stream files from Emby app OR Emby webpage, I do not have access to "control" over playback. 
In other words, Emby does not show what is currently played. 
So I do not have access to "Play/Pause" or "Next track"... or things like that. 

This does not happen if I stream to the Raspberry pi4 with runeAudio. 

If it would be that, I would be able to live with it. BUT : when I do not have those controls showing, it also happens that playback stops after first track. 

Anyone else having thise weird behavior ? 

Regards. 

Hi, what tablet are you playing on?