Multiple versions of shows when only one exists

wakeboarder141

wakeboarder141

I had to copy off my TV library and re-create the volume on my Synology NAS to change the RAID type.  Something got tripped up in the process, and my TV library ended up pointing to the wrong path.  After realizing that, I fixed the path and the library rebuilt as expected.  However, I have noticed some shows that have multiple versions of each episode listed, but the paths are the same.  I have double-checked, and there is only one version of each episode in that folder, along with an nfo file for each episode.  I actually got one episode to correct itself by totally removing the episode and it's nfo, then doing a scan and metadata refresh to remove it, then adding it back in.  Later that day the episode was correct with one version.  It seems to be a limited number of shows, but my library is large enough it is not feasible to go through every episode.  Is there a better way to correct them all at once?  I will attach the logs of me playing "both" versions of an episode.  Thanks.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-remux-64f5fa9f-cee0-476e-abb7-bf7396884c5a_1.txt

wakeboarder141
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example? How are your files named and organized?

Files are organized as such: TV\Alf\Alf S01\Alf.S01e01.mkv

It turns out the problem isn't as widespread as I thought so it has only been a couple of series that I have found so far.  It is hard to tell exactly how many since I have to manually go into each season of each show to see it.  Running library scans and refreshing metadata didn't seem to be having an affect unless there was something going on behind the scenes for days that I couldn't see.  I managed to fix the ones I found by totally removing the episode and the .nfo file, then rescanning and refreshing.  After some time it cleared both versions of those episodes completely, then only one episode was added on the new scan once added back.  I did recently switch over to using nfo files for metadata. I'm not sure if that might have tripped something up in the move.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1