Where did sort by "filename" go?

Ronstang

Ronstang

Where is it?  It is impossible to keep organized and sort things on hard drives after testing if the library on my TV does not match the folder order on the computer.  There is NO option on the computer to sort files by "movie name" so it is now tedious to compare the two.

There is no reason for this to disappear, it needs to come back please.  I don't want to waste hours because I can't quickly reconcile which items are OK  and move them on the hard drive to their final place. 

GrimReaper

Which server version, which client app? As I see it in Web app on both 4.7.11.0 stable and 4.8.0.21 beta .

Ronstang

It's the latest beta....and it is there on the web app but not so on Android....Firestick or my Google TVs

There is NO option on the computer to sort files by "movie name" so it is now tedious to compare the two.

Hi, wouldn't this just be sorting by Title?

pwhodges

Um, sorting by "folder name" puts the folder listing in the same order as the folders on your computer, no?  Works for me in Web, iOS and Android.

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

Ronstang

@Luke Title doesn't show anything for either the folders or the files.  Doesn't matter, this worked fine until recently and I'm not adding another column to file explorer I can't see unless I scroll for something that has worked perfectly for years.

@pwhodgesThat's just it Paul, there is no "folder name" or "file name" option for sorting in my Android based apps.  I have looked in both my Firesticks and my Sony TVs with GoogleTV.  It is gone, at least for me.

I just checked one of my WebOS TVs and it still works there.....but that is only because the screen looks EXACTLY like the web app so that makes sense...but Firesticks and GoogleTV do not look or act like the web app.....I sincerely wish they did.  I would love to have the file info at the bottom but I have only seen that on Samsung TVs and I will never buy one of those.

Edited by Ronstang

Ronstang

@ebr I am not using a phone or a tablet so I am not talking about Android Mobile. I don't even have any idea how to sideload an app. 

Edited by Ronstang
  • Like 1

Ronstang

The option to sort on "file name" is still there on one of my GoogleTVs......so what is going on?

Ronstang
5 hours ago, ebr said:

In the TV app it is only available in folder view.

Oh my, that is what it is....I am alsmost always in folder view as I am looking for specific files to watch etc.   Last week I did not do that for some reason so this is completely user error..LOL

Ronstang
16 hours ago, Luke said:

Are you all set now?

Yes sir, luckily brain farts are short term and only occasional. 

• Thanks 1