since updating my server to the newest version I cant access my files

billneftleberg

billneftleberg

no matter where I try to use emby, android Ios, or tv, since updating to the newest server,  i can no longer access anything. all it tells me is i need to update my server

billneftleberg

every time windows updates i end up having to reinstall windows, and then having to scan all my files again. then after I do that I cant watch my shows because it says I have to rebuy access. I have bought emby for android, Emby for kindle, Emby for IOS, before why must I keep having to buy these apps over and over again?

its seems to me you should have record of these purchases and not be doing a money grab and holding us hostage trying to force us to buy emby premiere. because they are the only ones to get a key. Im tired of this maybe I should just contact the federal trade commission and report your fraudulent actions

it takes two days to scan every time windows updates which is bad enough, but having to go through this every time is just unbelieveable. i bought these apps already and instead of having a normal license you hold us hostage

server-install.log

Edited by billneftleberg

pwhodges
5 hours ago, billneftleberg said:

every time windows updates i end up having to reinstall windows,

If you mean that, then you have major problems to fix before worrying about an app running on Windows.  Assuming you mean "reinstall Emby", though, I can confidently say that this is not normal, so there is already an issue to be sorted before anything else.

Also, why are you having to buy the apps again?  They are nothing to do with your Windows installation, and don't get lost as a result of that.  And anyway, all the app stores will detect that you have already purchased and let you reinstall - unless you change your account in each app every time - in which case the behaviour is correct.  If something has genuinely gone wrong, an email to billingsupport@emby.media should get you squared away promptly.

Anyway, I hope that your antagonistic and threatening approach doesn't upset the friendly support people here too much.

Paul

• Agree 1