How to see only unread new 'topics'?

justinrh
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

justinrh

I want to see all the unread new topics on these forums.  Is there a way to do this? @Abobader

When I go go Activity > Unread Content, I get posts.  Even if I filter for "Topics", I still get posts.

Good day,

I just test it, it working here, just make sure to hit "apply change" when you select the "topic" option (I know you know that but just in case).

The way it working regarding topic, will display the topics with with latest reply to it, also "time period" play some factor here.

My best

justinrh

But I don't want to see topics with a latest reply.  I want to see topics (NOT posts to a topic) I've never read before.  Like just the new one since the last time I visited the forum (or whatever trigger you use to consider new stuff).

2 hours ago, justinrh said:

But I don't want to see topics with a latest reply.

That called preview, so even it it a one post thread or thread with 100 reply, either will display preview of new thread (no reply) or that new unread thread with latest reply.

That how this forum build we use, and it default matters.

10 hours ago, justinrh said:

So it sounds like I can't get what I need.

You still getting what you need, the confusing this that you still want what the old major builds of the forum do, it still display "threads/topics", with some update from last 2 years or so to the community forum,  that now it has preview, the old builds was just display the threads/topics, as I said, nothing change only "preview" been adding.

The problem here, it general default.

justinrh

Sorry, but I can't comprehend what you said.  All I know is I have not found a way to get only topics.

• Solution
Happy2Play

There isn't a way as all replies make topic new/unread. 

justinrh

I don't get what you are saying, and I don't get the forum logic.  It is not user-centric, that's for sure.