Why I decided to stick to Emby ?

EmbyPenguin

EmbyPenguin

Hi,

Not sure this is the right place to post this, but I found no better one. 
I would like to report that, after trying several solutions, I finally decided to stick to Emby. 

Use case scenario is following. 
I would like to be able to store my music on a NAS (a QNAP HX-453 or something like that) and stream that to my Raspberry Pi4 with Moode Audio. The Pi4 then transmist to DAC over USB or an added digital GPIO card which then feeds a headphone amplifier. Both DAC and HP amp are from the brand "Aune" and work perfectly to my ears. 
This is to listen to music only. I don ot play movies over Emby... at least not for now 🙂 ANd I listen to classical music a lot. 

So after doing some research, I found there were several solutions to achieve this. But the problem is that a lot of DMS do not incorporate the "Album Artist" tag. And as such, browsing my music library and find out the several "editions" of say, Beethoven's complete piano concertos played by various soloists and directors is a nightmare. 
Also, a lot of DMS do not recognize the "CD" tag. So if the album consists of 2 CD's you have to rename each track so they're played in the correct order. Should you fail to do that, you end with CD1 Track1 played, followed not by CD1 Track 2, but by CD2 Track 1... Which is also painful is you want to listen to a symphony from a set of complete symphonies !!!

It rapidly turned out that emby was more or less the only one to support said tags and that, as such, it was the only solution that would work for my needs. 

Then, once you have this, you have to "control" the server. For that, I use a smartphone or a tablet. And there again, the Android Emby app is wonderfull. It let's you arrange your Music Library "visuals" as you want it with a lot of possibilities. And as such, you can control the Emby server from computer (using dedicated IP address) or from the app and if you make a change on one, it is reflected on the other one, which is quite nice 🙂

So, all in all, Emby is the solution that is almost perfect for me"... If it would be possible to configure the appearance of the Android app a little more, I'd be happy, but that is probably possible and I still have to discover that ability yet 🙂

So, a full 5 stars for me :-)

Regards. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2