Immersive skin with MB3 support

marcelveldt

marcelveldt

Hi all,

The Immersive skin is now available on the XBMB3C repo with MediaBrowser support.

Please try it out and let me know if you miss something.

Currently supported in "MediaBrowser Mode":

- Movies Library

- TV-Shows Library

- All widgets/hubs for these libraries

I didn't do pictures and music yet but If you want it in just post a request for that.

I just made this nice skin compatible with MediaBrowser, so no special mods at all, all credits for the skin go the the original author, who I have contacted if he could include my additions into the main version of the skin.

Install instructions for the skin including MediaBrowser support:

1. Install the XBMB3C repo on your machine, download here

2. Install the XBMB3C plugin from the xbmb3c repo and configure your settings

3. Install the Immersive MB3 skin also from the XBMB3C repo

4. Go to skin settings and enable the MediaBrowser mode in the section "3th party addons"

The Original forumtopic for the Immersive skin can be found here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139712

• Like 7

MrWebsmith

im not seeing able to install this..

in the stable repo i "see" it.. go to install and it aborts the install at around 40% with no displayed error...

in the 301 beta repo, it doesnt even exist in the list

im on gotham still, not helix

marcelveldt

im not seeing able to install this..

in the stable repo i "see" it.. go to install and it aborts the install at around 40% with no displayed error...

in the 301 beta repo, it doesnt even exist in the list

im on gotham still, not helix

Looks like the zipfile got corrupted somehow...

I uploaded the zipfile again to the repo, please allow it some time to replicate and try again with now and a few hours.

jasonmcroy

Nice skin Marcel!

However, I cannot for the life of me find the setting to get MB's Movies and TV Shows to appear on the screen to select. I have found the button to enable "Media Browser for Movies and TV Shows". I enabled those. Which button enables these on the home screen? 

Per your first post, I will put in my vote to add a Music section (via Media Browser). 

I like the feel of this skin overall. Great job!

-Jason

I like the looks of this skin from the preview images, but I can't seem to get it to work properly on my machine at all... It's not showing any of my media and all I'm able to select it the "settings" button on the homescreen. At one point a user selection screen popped up, and I selected my username, but after that I got an error, and back to the blank homescreen with the "settings" button. I even tried uninstalling XBMC and reinstalling from their website and followed your instructions exactly. Still no luck..

marcelveldt

I like the looks of this skin from the preview images, but I can't seem to get it to work properly on my machine at all... It's not showing any of my media and all I'm able to select it the "settings" button on the homescreen. At one point a user selection screen popped up, and I selected my username, but after that I got an error, and back to the blank homescreen with the "settings" button. I even tried uninstalling XBMC and reinstalling from their website and followed your instructions exactly. Still no luck..

The skin's default bevahiour is that it doesn't have any items on the main menu when you startup the first time.

As I've only made the adjustments to get the skin compatible with MB3 I didn't change that bevaviour as the changes I made are adopted by the skin's author and included in his release.

So, to solve your problem you'll have to enable shortcuts in the settings:

settings button --> appearance --> skin settings

Also, in this section you can choose to switch to MediaBrowser mode (in skin settings --> 3th party addons).

Just to be sure: Do you actually use MediaBrowser ? So, you have a MB3 server instance running ?

In that case you have to configure the xbmb3c add-on with your server preferences, like servername, username/password etc.

If you don't use MediaBrowser you can just use the regular libraries (default) from XBMC.

Just for the record: I am not the author of this skin, so for questions about the skin itself you have to visit the skin's supportforum at XBMC:

The skin is still WIP (= work in progress) so bugs are to be expected.

marcelveldt

Nice skin Marcel!

However, I cannot for the life of me find the setting to get MB's Movies and TV Shows to appear on the screen to select. I have found the button to enable "Media Browser for Movies and TV Shows". I enabled those. Which button enables these on the home screen? 

Per your first post, I will put in my vote to add a Music section (via Media Browser). 

I like the feel of this skin overall. Great job!

-Jason

Hi Jason, see my previous post about this skin... Apparently the default behaviour of this skin is not to enable any buttons on the main menu.

You have to do that manually in the skin settings.

Just enable a few menu entries and you're ready to go.

If you enable the movies button and you have MB3 mode enabled it will use the MB libraries.

Later this week I'll do the other libraries too, as requested by more users and the author of the skin.

The skin's default bevahiour is that it doesn't have any items on the main menu when you startup the first time.

As I've only made the adjustments to get the skin compatible with MB3 I didn't change that bevaviour as the changes I made are adopted by the skin's author and included in his release.

So, to solve your problem you'll have to enable shortcuts in the settings:

settings button --> appearance --> skin settings

Also, in this section you can choose to switch to MediaBrowser mode (in skin settings --> 3th party addons).

Just to be sure: Do you actually use MediaBrowser ? So, you have a MB3 server instance running ?

In that case you have to configure the xbmb3c add-on with your server preferences, like servername, username/password etc.

If you don't use MediaBrowser you can just use the regular libraries (default) from XBMC.

Just for the record: I am not the author of this skin, so for questions about the skin itself you have to visit the skin's supportforum at XBMC:

The skin is still WIP (= work in progress) so bugs are to be expected.

Hi, I tried enabling different shortcuts, and switching to Mediabrowser mode with no luck. I normally use MBTheater, so yes I have the server set up. And I put my server address, etc. in the XBMB3C settings. Still can't get it to work.

No big deal really, I mainly wanted to give it a shot just to try out XBMC, I've tried it out in the past and didn't like it, but thought this skin looked nice in the pictures.

I've since uninstalled xbmc, and plan on sticking with MBT. Thanks for the quick reply though!

Cheers,

Patrick

Edited by pmac

marcelveldt

did you also try my skin ?

I designed that one from the ground with MB3 support....

It started as a port from MediaPortal but I've managed to give my own turn into things.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9255-titan-mediabrowser-skin-for-xbmc/

As for the Immersive skin, just give it a few more weeks so that it's out of the beta stage and bugs are fixed.

marcelveldt

Just to let you know. I'll add the support for the other libraries (like Music, Pictures and Musisvideos) later this week.

marcelveldt

@@marcelveldt

can you do a blog post about this? it doesn't have to be as long as the last one. just a few words and sprinkle in 4-6 screenshots. thanks.

Planned to do that today but I see you did that allready :-)

Thanks!

• Like 1

Movies and TV Shows are grayed out on mine as well... on all three of my clients. I figured I'll just hope it gets resolved in a future update. Immersive will certainly be my daily driver once all the kinks are worked out. Appreciate the work porting it to XBMB3C.

Hi, Nice looking Skin but I cannot get the Movies or TV Shows enabled as they are greyed out? I am running in MB3 mode and other skins work fine, what am I missing?

Cheers

SikSlayer

Is there any other way to get it outside of the repo? I'm using a Helix alpha and its marked as incompatible, unless my assumption is wrong and its not my upgrading from Gotham, and its really not ready for Helix yet.........

Xzener

Same problem as the others... The pictures look great, has a lot of potential. Keep up the great work.

• 4 weeks later...
marcelveldt

Sorry, have been busy with work and in the spare time fixing some things on the Titan skin.

It's on my todo list for this weekend to fix the Immersive support for MB3.

I've had contact with the author of the skin and I'll provide a fix for the homescreen buttons not visible at install and fix the remaining libraries, meaning pictures and music support.

• 4 weeks later...
marcelveldt

Just pushed a new version to the XBMB3C repo of this skin:

- included all updates from the main version of this skin

- fixed some issues with the MB3 support

- added default settings for the home tiles

- fixed the movies/tvshows buttons missing on first install if MB3 mode

- MB3 mode now defaults to on if the xbmb3c addon is detected

- fixed tvshows featured widget not working in MB3 mode

This skin should now be fully functional with MediaBrowser (tvshows and movies).

• Like 1