Why doesn't my emby server automatically upgrade?

noistr
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

My emby server version stays at 4.6.4.0 and will not be automatically updated. However, the page displays "The emby server has been updated to the latest". I have always enabled automatic update. I don't know why. If you reinstall the emby server, will my settings be preserved, including those users and media libraries that have been created. If these data cannot be retained after reinstallation, is there any way to upgrade without reinstallation, such as upgrading through compressed package? I hope someone can answer my question. Thank you very much.

20230110134314.png

20230110134343.png

20230110140011.png

I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise Edition, because I don't pay much attention to the update. I didn't pay attention to the version number until I couldn't play the 4K HDR10 video yesterday. I found that it was in version 4.6.4.0, and the system log only kept the latest 50 copies. I don't know if it's useful. I'll pack it up and show it to you. Thank you.

logs.rar

• Solution
Happy2Play

You have a network issue "HttpException: NotFound"

2023-01-10 13:41:12.324 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.4.0
	Command line: C:\Software\Emby\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19045
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Software/Emby/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Software\Emby\programdata
	Application path: C:\Software\Emby\system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: NotFound
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Updates.GithubUpdater.GetLatestReleases(String organzation, String repository, String assetFilename, TimeSpan cacheLength, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.GetReleaseNotesVersionsInternal(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.GetReleaseNotesVersions(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.System.SystemService.Get(GetReleaseNotesVersions request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2023-01-10 13:41:12.324 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 500 to ::1. Time: 2233ms. http://localhost:8096/emby/System/ReleaseNotes/Versions?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome&X-Emby-Device-Id=ebb4e7d3-7884-4100-9bb3-821cecf51979&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.6.4.0

Do you use a VPN?

Worst case get directly from GitHub or download page.

Release 4.7.11.0 · MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases (github.com)

Emby Server for Windows

My emby server is running on my physical computer. The network environment is home broadband, and there is no connection agent. It is just that my Google browser has a plug-in called SwitchyOmega installed, and the proxy is used. But I have looked at the settings, and it should not be affected. Does the reinstallation affect the original user settings?

1.png

2.png

3.png

13 hours ago, noistr said:

My emby server is running on my physical computer. The network environment is home broadband, and there is no connection agent. It is just that my Google browser has a plug-in called SwitchyOmega installed, and the proxy is used. But I have looked at the settings, and it should not be affected. Does the reinstallation affect the original user settings?

1.png

2.png

3.png

If you install on top of your existing version, no, but if you uninstall, then yes your existing settings could be wiped out from that. What are you planning to do?

I want to upgrade my emby server server while keeping the original settings. I will install it on the existing version. I plan to use compressed package to upgrade. I noticed that there are only two folders "programdata" and "system" in the server. The compressed package downloaded from GitHub also contains only one "system" folder. However, my user settings should be saved in "programdata", so I unpack them for use without affecting my original settings. Then the installer downloaded from the official website of emby should also not affect my original settings. I don't know if I understand it this way?

Happy2Play

During an update only the system folder is renamed to system.old and replace with the one from the zip.

But all you should have to do is restart Emby since you already have the update in the updates folder.

I did put the compressed package in the update folder, but I restarted the server without automatic upgrade. Now I plan to decompress the compressed package and use the "system" folder inside to cover the "system" folder outside. I don't know if this is feasible

正在使用发音

I did put the compressed package in the update folder, but I restarted the server without automatic upgrade. Now I plan to overwrite the current "system" folder with the "system" folder extracted from the compressed package. I don't know if this is feasible

正在使用发音

I did put the compressed package in the update folder, but I restarted the server without automatic upgrade. Now I plan to overwrite the current "system" folder with the "system" folder extracted from the compressed package. I don't know if this is feasible

Happy2Play

Pretty sure it was the naming scheme as I believe it has to be the same name as the other file "embyserver-win-x64-{version}.7z.ver".

But sounds like you nested the folder and will not work.

Just rename or delete current system folder and extract the new one.

The installation package in the update folder was downloaded from github and renamed manually. Then I will try to delete the current system folder and directly extract the system folder in the compressed package for use

After two days, the problem was finally solved. It was the network reason, but I never changed the network. Now I use the agent and immediately prompt that I can upgrade. Now I have successfully upgraded to version 4.7.11.0. Then I looked at the naming methods of these two files in the "update" folder. Maybe I can refer to the next time I can't upgrade. Thank you very much for Happy2Play and Luke's patient and quick answers.

20230111145428.png

20230111144803-2.png

20230111150533.png

20230111145841.png