Configurable collections folder

Smaky

I have noticed there is no way to configure the path used by Auto-boxset pliuging to create folders to hold created collections. Given this is, by default, under the Data folder within the install folder of Media Browser server, and the fact this is on my SDD drive, it would be great if this folder may be overriden to a custom path (the way other folders may be configured via the Control Panel).

• Like 37

This would actually need to be implemented in the server as a configurable path for all collections created through it. 

It is important as by default it used the Media Browser´s sever Data folder that ends up under the user profile. In my case this is stored in the System´s SSD and it is eating up quite a bit of storage. Having the oprion to set it as a configurable folder would allow me to store this in my NAS where I have ample storage. 

• Like 1

saitoh183

It is important as by default it used the Media Browser´s sever Data folder that ends up under the user profile. In my case this is stored in the System´s SSD and it is eating up quite a bit of storage. Having the oprion to set it as a configurable folder would allow me to store this in my NAS where I have ample storage. 

I also have a SSD and the solution was to use mklink command to move stuff like the logs over to a new drive

I guess mklink os a good workaround. However I would love to see this as a configuration option within the server/plugin.

Edited by Smaky

• 5 years later...
Mad Man with a Blue Box

I have noticed there is no way to configure the path used by Auto-boxset pliuging to create folders to hold created collections. Given this is, by default, under the Data folder within the install folder of Media Browser server, and the fact this is on my SDD drive, it would be great if this folder may be overriden to a custom path (the way other folders may be configured via the Control Panel).

Liked the first post, would love to see all folders relating to Emby be able to be configured within settings. That way all media, databases, images, collections files etc. would all be under the same folder on the same drive. Easier to backup everything in one place, easy to move stuff around, change drives or systems etc. rather than having some files be off in random locations that get forgotten about.

Hopefully enough people want this feature at some point as it just makes more sense to me that any data generated about your libraries and setup all be stored in the same location.

• 3 years later...

We have this now. Collections are part of movie metadata, and the locations for metadata can be configured.