Setting up new server

Nubian1
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Nubian1

Just purchased an OWC Thunderbay 4 t3 for backup and then decided to setup a server will be getting a M1 Mac mini. Just want to save/stream movies and backup my Mac system. Are they compatible?

Edited by Nubian1
Grammar

Not exactly. I see there’s a download available for the ReadyNas and was wondering it the owc thunderbay 4 would be recognized by emby.

• Solution
2 minutes ago, Nubian1 said:

Not exactly. I see there’s a download available for the ReadyNas and was wondering it the owc thunderbay 4 would be recognized by emby.

Are you asking can you install Emby Server on your M1 Mac and then import media folders from your ReadyNAS?

Yes, the first step is to make sure you can reach those folder paths over the network using macOS finder. Once you can do that, then just import those same folder paths into Emby Server.

Does that answer your question?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 10:41 PM, Luke said:

Are you asking can you install Emby Server on your M1 Mac and then import media folders from your ReadyNAS?

Yes, the first step is to make sure you can reach those folder paths over the network using macOS finder. Once you can do that, then just import those same folder paths into Emby Server.

Does that answer your question?

Yes thanks 

• Thanks 1