2.2.0.123 Live TV tease !!

Vicpa

Hi,

I apologize if I am stealing anyone's thunder, but couldn't resist. Not sure if it was intentional (not in the announcement) :) But I am enjoying the live TV tease. I realize it is still a work in progress and totally unfair to comment. But... I am liking what I see so far!!!

Looking forward to the initial release!!

BTW, as I type this I am streaming the news (Things from the what's on section can play), video looks nice on my tv.

Thanks 7 and the dev team !!!!

• Like 2

I am not sure that was intentional but I agree that even in it's current form it looks pretty incredible :)

7illusions

Very much unintended.. All I can say is "Sorry for the feature, I didn't mean to give it to you yet" :D

Kidding aside, the feature is not finished, there's a long way left and it really should have been hidden since we wanted a full feature release.

But, damage is done, can't remove it now can we. ;)

Guess I'll have to speed up getting it finished.

But with the things we got in store for you folks it might be tricky fitting LiveTV in the next release.. ;)

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Sorry, kind of a newbie here in terms of MediaBrowser (long time cordcutter though).  Is live TV supported in the windows 8.1 app?  I've tried a few different devices and couldn't get any to work.  It works fine in the browser, but not in the app, when I try to watch a channel, I get error "The Video failed to play".  Should I be digging into this a little, or is Live TV still a work in progress?

Hi

I think it is still being refined. But I am able to stream TV. Check your playback settings. I got "The video failed to play message" when I had streaming set to max quality. I checked 1080p and it seems to work pretty well takes some time to load but is then good. I believe based on other posts that  your video source can also be a factor. I am using a HDHomerun.

I am sure 7 can fill in more detail.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
MSattler

Maybe I am missing something, where can I check my playback settings?

Hi

I think it is still being refined. But I am able to stream TV. Check your playback settings. I got "The video failed to play message" when I had streaming set to max quality. I checked 1080p and it seems to work pretty well takes some time to load but is then good. I believe based on other posts that  your video source can also be a factor. I am using a HDHomerun.

I am sure 7 can fill in more detail.