Error No compatible Streams

dfajar2

dfajar2

I believe I know the answer to this one but I just want to double check with you.

- I was trying to watch a soccer game on the Emby app through my Roku box and got the error message about no compatible streams.  

- I took my phone and the file could be successfully streamed through my Emby app on my Android phone. 

- I updated my Ubuntu server and Emby server to the latest version, but still got the error saying there were no compatible streams. 

- I took my phone and tried to stream it from my phone through the emby app on my Roku. Again the same error. 

- I decided to check if it could be streamed on my Sharp-RokuTv, and it worked. Then moved to my Samsung Tv  and it worked. 

So in other words I can only blame the Roku box.

I attached the log file. 

Thanks

embyserver.txt

Edited by dfajar2

Happy2Play

Possible driver issues.

07:22:09.201 [h264_vaapi @ 0x1d2d300] Driver does not support some wanted packed headers (wanted 0xd, found 0).
07:22:09.203 [h264_vaapi @ 0x1d2d300] Driver does not support packed sequence headers, but a global header is requested.
07:22:09.203 [h264_vaapi @ 0x1d2d300] No global header will be written: this may result in a stream which is not usable for some purposes (e.g. not muxable to some containers).

Isn't this an OOM error?

Process exited with code 137

Not sure on the DirectPlayError, but the Roku itself is very finnicky.

dfajar2

I may have another reason for the cause of this error. But is the size of the file a reason to cause it? I noticed that this file is ~6G. 

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, dfajar2 said:

I may have another reason for the cause of this error. But is the size of the file a reason to cause it? I noticed that this file is ~6G. 

No file size should be irrelevant. 

As a test if you disable Hardware Acceleration do you get the same results?

dfajar2

So now it's more intriguing. I just went downstairs to play the video and before testing what happened if we disable Hardware Acceleration the file played with no problem. 

I really don't now what to say. I tried multiple times and it played fine. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 4:27 AM, dfajar2 said:

So now it's more intriguing. I just went downstairs to play the video and before testing what happened if we disable Hardware Acceleration the file played with no problem. 

I really don't now what to say. I tried multiple times and it played fine. 

@dfajar2 - Linux Installations with AMD GPUs are quite rare, so there's not too much experience from which I could make suggestions, but what I can say is this:

The error message can be taken literally: The driver does not support certain features.

Now, there are two kinds of drivers: Kernel mode drivers and user-mode. For the user-mode side, emby should have everything included already, so we should look at the other side first.

Please post another ffmpeg log in case it fails, then we can look further.

Thanks

Thank you very much to you all for your suggestions and help. I decided to use an old MacBook-pro as server (with better specifications than the old one) and see what happened. It turned out it solved my problems. It seems that it as a hardware incapability from the ‘crappy’ laptop to transcode or process certain files.

All solved now. Thanks!!

• Thanks 2