Ambilight support for the default Player

fallenwitch3r

fallenwitch3r

11 hours ago, BillOatman said:

I think what you will need is to findsomeone who has this hardware and is also capable and willing to create/support the plugin.  If I had the equipment I would look into it.  You could try asking for help in the plugins area, you might find more plugin authors in there.  I stumbled upon this thread accidentally.

Good Luck!

I use the emby android TV app on my TCL with android TV. The Android Hyperion app grabs the Screeninfo and send it to my Ubuntu server which is running the Hyperion server software.

This combination works flawlessly with the modded YouTube app, VLC or Kodi. But it isn't working with normal TV channels, red button services, all streaming Providers and the default emby player. I understand the grabbing issue because of the DRM thing.

But emby has no DRM.

It works with the emby alternative player like VLC or MX Player. But I want to use the default emby media player because the alternative players doesn't support intro skip, chapters etc. 

Is it possible to add something into the default media player code to allow the Hyperion app to grab the Screeninfos.

Or maybe a plugin can do this work. 

Edited by fallenwitch3r

fallenwitch3r

I've installed the app and it's the same behaviour like the "normal" android TV App. 

Ambilight is working during the menu navigation but the lights turned off after the playback has started 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
Killface69

Not sure if it helps, but I have a Pi running HomeAssistant and added my Shield TV plugged into the Philips TV .

HA is able to read the app activity, and assign predefined scenes to it. That way, my Ambilight is only on when certain apps play content.