Updated to TOS5 Two issues

Bobbybare

Bobbybare

I have just updated my F2-221 to TOS5 and I have two issues.

1. I installed Emby v4.7.8.0 from the Terrmaster app store no problem but I have downloaded v4.7.11.0 and it will not install and it corrupts the original installation.

Then I have to start again a real waste of time. v4.7.11.0 installed just fine on TOS4

2. The other annoying fact is that the Get Emby Premier Banner is still showing in the top left hand corner even though I have entered my Premier Key which was accepted and allows the Server Configuration Backup plugin to work so I assume from that respect all is well but the Banner did not show in TOS4..

Some investigation required Me Thinks

Bob

Bobbybare

Managed to find a way to get rid of the "Get Emby Premier Banner"

Still can't upgrade manually to v4.7.11.0  looks like the file "emby_TOS5_APP_4.7.11.0_x86_64.tpk" is corrupt I have downloaded it a number of times all with the same result.

Bob

15 hours ago, Bobbybare said:

Managed to find a way to get rid of the "Get Emby Premier Banner"

Still can't upgrade manually to v4.7.11.0  looks like the file "emby_TOS5_APP_4.7.11.0_x86_64.tpk" is corrupt I have downloaded it a number of times all with the same result.

Bob

@Bobbybare what exactly happens when you try to install it?

Bobbybare

I start TOS5 Desktop/Open app centre/Open Settings

Browse for  "emby_TOS5_APP_4.7.11.0_x86_64.tpk" 

It loads and asks to confirm, then eventually completes to 100% but the Desktop Emby icon disappears.

Find Emby in installed Apps, where it says it's still version v4.7.8.0 but also says not started, try to start the App manually but it fails....

Tried restarting TOS5 but to no avail, the only thing left to do is uninstall the corrupted version and then Reinstall v4.7.8.0 from the Terramaster App Store and set it up all over again!!

Bob

Edited by Bobbybare

Bobbybare

I must admit I am an idiot..

I forgot to "Disable"  ("Shutdown" is a better word) Emby Sever before manually trying to update...

This time the manual update was successful, but it screwed my password I could not login from the desktop...

The password reset does not work I entered the code but it does not clear the password.

Cut my losses and uninstalled Emby server yet again asking it to clear the data.

Reinstalled manually from scratch v4.7.11.0, but it would not let me login as it did not clear the data.

Uninstalled yet again restarted TOS5 manually deleted all the folders in the Emby folder except "Metadata" and "Plugins"

Reinstalled v4.7.11.0 manually. Successfully installed but the details in the TOS5 app page say it's v4.7.8.0 (very strange)

Went to the desktop app and inserted user ID and Password entered Emby premier key and recovered this morning backup with 'Server Configuration Backup'

Updated the settings that are not covered with the backup routine and then set it off for a few hours of scanning library files..............

Interestingly the Emby Desktop Dashboard say it's Version 4.7.11.0 not v4.7.8.0 (even more strange)

Now I have another problem

That DARN "Get Emby Premier" banner is back and even though I have entered my key and it has been accepted I cannot get rid of it (painful)

So in Summary:

Updating manually to v4.7.11.0 is painful and very difficult to get right!

When you uninstall if you tick clear the cached data so you perform a clean install it does not work!

Password Reset routine does not work for me!

I cannot get rid of the "Get Emby Premier" banner even though I have entered a correct key!

All in all not a good day with Emby

Help Please, sort some of these issues out

Edited by Bobbybare

Tos is probably saying 4.7.8 because I think that's the latest version they have in their catalog, but 4.7.11 is up on our website for manual install.

When you uninstall yes you need to manually delete the server's program data folder.

Are you still unable to reset your password?

Bobbybare

Actually I don't know since I did a clean install. 

I didn't want to take the risk and have to start all over again, for the fourth time in three days. 

But there must be a better way to reset the password 

Bob

On 1/9/2023 at 12:44 PM, Bobbybare said:

Actually I don't know since I did a clean install. 

I didn't want to take the risk and have to start all over again, for the fourth time in three days. 

But there must be a better way to reset the password 

Bob

OK, let us know if you run into it again. Thanks.