Emby Crashing when going to Guide IPTV - Roku TV

Coletrain

Coletrain

Hi All,

I am new to Emby but a long-time user of IPTV. I have a subscription to an IPTV with its own M3U and EPG data. The guide seems to work fine on my server and when I access the remote with my phone, but for some reason when I use my Roku TV as soon as I click "Guide" it crashes the Emby application and boots me to the home screen.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is this a Roku-specific problem? Or is this something to do with channel mapping, because my M3U has tens of thousands of channels, it would be difficult to map each one

Spaceboy

use something like iptvboss to reduce your channel list to something reasonable. as well as potentially helping with your roku issue there is no way you are using 10k channels. its pretty user friendly and quick, particularly if you are using your provider epg and can just discount whole groups of channels/VOD

• Like 1

Film Playlist

I don't have a Roku TV, but I have used Roku devices for about 2 Decades. I haven't experienced those kinds of issues; and I assume that the latest Roku TVs are using the same android operating system and version as their Roku devices. I'm in agreement with @Spaceboy, you may have far too many channels activated in your M3U list. Even PLEX has a max of 430 links at one time.