Live TV- sessions not terminating and files not being deleted

Damien_

Damien_

So I've recently run into a strange issue where my temp transcode folder becomes enormous in a short period of time. After researching, I noticed that it was being filled with .ts transcode files from live tv after relatively short viewing terms.

From what I could tell, It looks like the problem is two fold, 1) the temp files aren't actually being deleted. 2) streaming from my live tv, the sessions apparently aren't terminating after viewing has stopped. An example, today in "Now playing" it showed a friend that watched part of a football game the day before. Not until rebooting Emby was the session terminated.

What's weird, is I've had the same live tv setup for awhile and had never run into either issue until recently but I've read that others have run into similar issues in the past.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions to remedy this, Id love to hear any suggestions. I had to turn live tv off in the interim and definitely would miss it. Thanks

Happy2Play

There are dozens of topics like this and usually comes back from the server not receiving any stop command from the client, but Devs will need server logs for when it happened.

Edited by Happy2Play

Damien_
13 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

There are dozens of topics like this and usually comes back from the server not receiving any stop command from the client, but Devs will need server logs for when it happened.

I did read a lot of similar posts. It seemed like most of the posts were 2+ years ago so I wasn’t sure if it was same issue.  Anyway I’ll reproduce the issue and send files. Thanks 

Damien_
On 1/2/2023 at 7:35 PM, Happy2Play said:

I tried to replicating this, both myself running it locally and remotely as well as having a friend test it remotely. Both times, the streams were terminated and the temp files cleared immediately after viewing stopped. 

The only thing I can think of, is hypothetically if someone paused the stream and left it there, I assume that the stream would keep transcoding. Is there any sort go governor that kills a paused stream after X amount of time?

*I have the server logs up until to the streams terminated, although I dont know good they would be without showing the issue I mentioned. 

Thanks

Actually I believe at this point the open issues are mainly isolated to trying to start playing, and then bailing out before it actually starts playing. That few seconds is currently vulnerable to this happening but we are working on it. Thanks.

Damien_
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Actually I believe at this point the open issues are mainly isolated to trying to start playing, and then bailing out before it actually starts playing. That few seconds is currently vulnerable to this happening but we are working on it. Thanks.

That would make more sense as I tested it by-  watching it and closing emby out entirely, or watching it and just backing out to the menu but leaving emby open, locally, remotely, different clients etc and nothing replicated it. It's weird it just started happening to me and I've been using live TV for quite awhile. I was thinking maybe it had something to do with the Xteve buffer settings. 

Anyway thanks for the update. 

• Thanks 1