Update Gamebrowser Systems

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Please can you update the list of supported games systems to at least include PS5 and PS Vita. I think the latest XBOX also needs to be added but I'm not sure what its called - Series S & X

Spaceboy

to be honest i'm trying to use emby as the catalogue for all my video games. AFAIK you can't actually rip vita games to a single file, and while PS5 and XBOX Series S/X would be .iso, its not really feasible to rip them. i'm creating stub .iso or .disc files each in their own folder.

but while i have your attention, could you add the ability to user configure game systems and supported file extensions. it should be quite easy to expose these settings and have them fully user configurable. as there is no metadata or external player interaction anymore the only function for games in emby is as a catalogue. this is my current list of consoles that i'd like to load. as you can see there are quite a few more to add:

image.thumb.png.ee10b904b061ee7a0b578d1027fe9669.png

thanks

• Like 1

Spaceboy

@Luke please can you:

step 1 - add games systems PS5, PS Vita and XBOX Series X/S with supported files types of .iso. At the same time please add .zip as a supported file type for all games systems. up to the playstsation 1 generation of systems are playable from archive files on modern emulators and its very common  to zip them for significant space savings.

step 2 - consider exposing the games system list and supported file types for users to edit as mentioned above. there is no documentation available to let users know which file types should be used with which systems. .zip is not working for Atari 2600 & 7800 - hence my request above (.zip does work for some games systems)

• Like 1