forum operation question

justinrh
Go to solution Solved by Abobader,

justinrh

I want to make sure I understand how the daily Emby forum posts notification e-mail works.  It seems that if I visit the forum (like from a link in the e-mail) then all posts in the forum (all subscribed forums?) since the e-mail timestamp are excluded from the next day's e-mail, so I'd miss them even if I never looked at the forum itself.  This is kinda hard for me to explain a few words.  Like, if I get the e-mail at 4pm and visit a forum at 6pm, then any new posts between 4 and 6 will not be sent to me the next day.  It's like if I visit any forum then all forums are considered read.  Is this how it works?

And the e-mail send time is a moving target - is it resetting from when I click a link?

QUESTION 3 - how can I get a list of all the forums I am subscribed to? @Abobader

• Solution

Good day,

On 1/3/2023 at 12:40 AM, justinrh said:

I want to make sure I understand how the daily Emby forum posts notification e-mail works.  It seems that if I visit the forum (like from a link in the e-mail) then all posts in the forum (all subscribed forums?) since the e-mail timestamp are excluded from the next day's e-mail, so I'd miss them even if I never looked at the forum itself.  This is kinda hard for me to explain a few words.  Like, if I get the e-mail at 4pm and visit a forum at 6pm, then any new posts between 4 and 6 will not be sent to me the next day.  It's like if I visit any forum then all forums are considered read.  Is this how it works?

That correct, here you can use the "Activity" from top menu and select "My Activity Streams" and you can even customize it as custom.

And the e-mail send time is a moving target - is it resetting from when I click a link?

It restart from the time you login to the forum.

QUESTION 3 - how can I get a list of all the forums I am subscribed to?

Click on your name "top right" and chose "Manage Followed Content"

My best

• Thanks 1

justinrh

LOL  If reading the forums worked like I expected I would have seen that announcement.  😆

• Haha 1