Emby homepage seems like where tv shows & movies left off is messed up

ng4ever
Go to solution Solved by ng4ever,

ng4ever

At least on my Emby server.

Please help.

It never right on what the person left off on.

Is it because of roku or fire tv stick app or my Emby Synology install ?

This has been happening for months but just got a chance to report it. Sorry.

P.S. I will try fixing it somehow by first installing a test or dummy version of Emby on my windows computer to see if it still does it with a fresh emby server install.

Doubt it will help but you never know.

Edited by ng4ever

Happy2Play

Specific examples (TV, Movie) of items that have the wrong CW (resume point) info and potentially the logs corresponding with those items.

But have not noticed this on my Roku.

ng4ever

Ok example is like the tv show friends one of my family members will play all of from the beginning and they stop it at season 7 episode 3 lets say.

When we exit out of Emby and go back the next day on the fire tv stick it will say they left off on Season 3 Episode 5 instead. It is weird.

Sorry it is difficult to example.

pwhodges

That can happen if the earlier episode was not finished.  If it kind-of was, but then the end credits were skipped, it might be worth checking the Emby settings which determine how near the end is considered finished.

Paul

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Happy2Play

@ng4ever yes the condition of the CW episode would be needed.

I will guess only Continue Watching row is enable and Next Up (legacy) row is disabled, correct?

ng4ever
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@ng4ever yes the condition of the CW episode would be needed.

I will guess only Continue Watching row is enable and Next Up (legacy) row is disabled, correct?

CW is this for tv shows and this for movies

CW.jpg.8fcddc6eec9beb1814b3c3444effaf07.jpg

597807033_CWmovies.jpg.c5f13a462744f2f137d0e5449cdb3f80.jpg

Correct with the second part.

Edited by ng4ever

Happy2Play

@ng4ever But from your example is the row shown a resume point for "Season 3 Episode 5" of an unplayed episode?

ng4ever
Just now, Happy2Play said:

@ng4ever But from your example is the row shown a resume point for "Season 3 Episode 5" of an unplayed episode?

No I don't think.

My family members watches the tv show Friends a lot over and over again.

ng4ever
28 minutes ago, Luke said:

How does the web app compare?

Looks like same as far as I can tell.

Edited by ng4ever

Happy2Play

Still not enough info.

But if you enable the Next Up (Legacy) row do you see the same? User icon-App settings-Home Screen

If you see the same in web client I would test there.

ng4ever
On 1/8/2023 at 8:01 PM, Happy2Play said:

Still not enough info.

But if you enable the Next Up (Legacy) row do you see the same? User icon-App settings-Home Screen

If you see the same in web client I would test there.

Not sure I normally ask the user if they are done watching a movie, if it is a movie they watched, and say it is done watching manually. Sadly I already did this. So I will have to wait to know for sure. Sorry.

I will test it though like that.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, ng4ever said:

Not sure I normally ask the user if they are done watching a movie, if it is a movie they watched, and say it is done watching manually. Sadly I already did this. So I will have to wait to know for sure. Sorry.

I will test it though like that.

Thanks.

OK, let us know how you get on. Thanks.

ng4ever
On 1/10/2023 at 12:02 PM, Luke said:

OK, let us know how you get on. Thanks.

May have found the reason for the problem. When we turn off the tv and the fire tv stick goes off Emby does not clear out of memory on the fire stick. So Emby does not refresh when clicking on the channel.

Edited by ng4ever

ng4ever

Question now is anyway to force automatically a restart ever time or a shutdown when closing Emby by clicking on the home button on the remote? 

On 1/11/2023 at 5:42 PM, ng4ever said:

May have found the reason for the problem. When we turn off the tv and the fire tv stick goes off Emby does not clear out of memory on the fire stick. So Emby does not refresh when clicking on the channel.

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

ng4ever
23 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

Thanks.

Yes but first will it effect any resume settings of where my family member left off by uninstalling Emby from the fire play store and then installing the sideload version of Emby ?

seanbuff
9 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

Yes but first will it effect any resume settings of where my family member left off by uninstalling Emby from the fire play store and then installing the sideload version of Emby ?

No. All that user information is stored on the server. Also, you can have both client apps installed at the same time.

ng4ever
Just now, seanbuff said:

No. All that user information is stored on the server. Also, you can have both client apps installed at the same time.

Ok thank you.

Hopefully I can tell which is which.

ng4ever
On 1/13/2023 at 4:17 PM, Luke said:

Thanks.

Ok I did it but it is difficult to tell. I got it the apk from https://www.apkmirror.com/

Seems about the same but going to look further just wanted to check to make sure that site is safe sorry.

Hope that was safe and ok.

There were 2 different versions no dpi or whatever it said and one with dpi. I picked the no dpi one I believe.