8.1 App - request for selection using alpha keyboard and changing views

WarrenH
Go to solution Solved by WarrenH,

WarrenH

Any chance that with a huge list of movies, series, you can use a keyboard alpha to auto jump to that alphabet selection. So when I press R it'll take me to movies, series starting with R. Without favourites, and with a huge collection it sort of makes the app useless as it takes ages to scroll through everything until you get to where you want to be. This is obviously even slower if you're connected by wifi.

Also, when initially seting up the app, it asks whether you'd like the layout for use with keyboard or finger touch, and says you can change this later - where?

Finally, how about being able to set the initial view as in the Android app, ie I'd prefer to start the app with Folders being shown rather than the standard layout?

MrWebsmith

re 1) i too would like this as a future option for keyboard nav... currently if you have a touchscreen you can "pinch" to get a letter selector menu which helps with this... but that isnt exactly what you're looking for i now.. just making sure you knew about that letter list trick

re 2)  bring out the charms menu (right side slide out on win8) and its in settings/general i believe

7illusions

1.) If you don't have a touch-screen, there should be a small "-" in the bottom right corner that when clicked will show the alphabetic view. "Ctrl -" and "CTRL +" or "CTRL MouseWheel" will also provide the same features.

3.) Once we get some time for that kind of options, that might be doable but like it looks right now I doubt it will be added shortly

• Like 2

Hi,

The "-" is great ! Never noticed it before :) Works for music as well, awesome

Thanks!

• Like 1

• Solution
WarrenH

re 1) i too would like this as a future option for keyboard nav... currently if you have a touchscreen you can "pinch" to get a letter selector menu which helps with this... but that isnt exactly what you're looking for i now.. just making sure you knew about that letter list trick

re 2)  bring out the charms menu (right side slide out on win8) and its in settings/general i believe

1) thanks, I'll try this

2) found that also thanks