Unable to Play Films

ginjaninja
Go to solution Solved by ginjaninja,

ginjaninja

im using lg app for first time on 2yr old device... lg 1.0.37...ive tried turning off subtitles but unable to launch any films (content with sub titles?). TV seems to launch fine. on a15mbit connection with user limit to 5mbps...Using firestick on same wifi / internet is fine... suggests its the lg app. will try and do some methodical testing and logging/feedback tomorrow.

requa3r0

a15mbit connection with user limit to 5mbps...

Why would you throttle you own connection to the emby server. That makes not sense?

ginjaninja

I will pm luke the logs of both server and ffmpeg

interestingly today the film started playing with subs disabled (after about 30 seconds) the first attempt (captured in logs)

but subsequent playbacks attempts were not successfull like a couple of days ago. i was rely on a non technical person to perform the actions so its possible they were clear on what was selected at the time...but hopefully the logs show exactly whats. maybe its a patience thing.

with subs enabled the film did not play even after waiting a minute.

ginjaninja
45 minutes ago, requa3r0 said:

Why would you throttle you own connection to the emby server. That makes not sense?

limited server bandwidth to share amongst users?

reduce load on network?

Nathanael
15 hours ago, ginjaninja said:

limited server bandwidth to share amongst users?

reduce load on network?

With Gbit or faster network that makes no sense.
On Wifi perhaps, but even then..

You're better of changing your media to HEVC to reduce the network load.

• 3 weeks later...
ginjaninja
On 29/12/2022 at 19:40, Luke said:

@ginjaninja 

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

I think ive been stoopid....having just run into new issues now with remote firesticks on beta server. I had got so used to running beta server that i forgot i might have needed beta clients....anyways i ll test the lg on stable server (theres no beta client for lg i dont think?) and ill try to  test the fire tv beta client on the beta server on the firesticks.

• Thanks 1

• Solution
ginjaninja

yeah no problem detected with this lg app on stable server...sorry for the misfire.