opensubtitle issues

BorKon

Hi everyone,    I'm new to emby. I'm currently using emby server on my old qnap nas, and that part works flawlessly.   On my kodi (without emby) I have no issues downloading subtitles, however using emby next gen most tv shows wont download subtitles. I can play subtitles that are already available in videos but whenever I want to download there is a message with rendom letters (quit long).  Works fine with most movies so far, but most tv shows don't work.     Anyone having same issues?

quickmic
43 minutes ago, BorKon said:

I tried only via kodi, than both. But it works with movies. Also it works if I use embycon or without amby at all

Well via Emby server it should work, via Kodi probably only if you use native mode.

quickmic

I checked and opensubtitles.org is working on Kodi in addon mode.

Unless I got DETAILED issue description form you, I cannot review the issue.

ok here it goes.  When i use emby for next gen kodi and want to download subtitles with either opensubtitle.org or opensubtitles.com, I can search and it will list all the available subtitle but when I want to download them it closes the windows and very long message appears at bottom with random letters. the message is very long and it appears only for few seconds so I cant tell you what exactly is written. the issue appears only on tv shows with emby next gen for kodi. movies  work fine under the same addon. same steps work fine under embycon addon  or without emby addons when I just open a show with kodi and not through addon.                                                

quickmic
25 minutes ago, BorKon said:

ok here it goes.  When i use emby for next gen kodi and want to download subtitles with either opensubtitle.org or opensubtitles.com, I can search and it will list all the available subtitle but when I want to download them it closes the windows and very long message appears at bottom with random letters. the message is very long and it appears only for few seconds so I cant tell you what exactly is written. the issue appears only on tv shows with emby next gen for kodi. movies  work fine under the same addon. same steps work fine under embycon addon  or without emby addons when I just open a show with kodi and not through addon.                                                

It's really important what this message reports. Take a video?

quickmic
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

It's really important what this message reports. Take a video?

btw, I assume it's the path, but assuming is not knowing. I need all those details.

I found something in kodi log I've attached image of it. Also I took pictures of the message. i just went through  other shows. Some shows let me download subtitles some dont. About 3 out of 8 that I tried let me download, rest wont          

20221230_142528.jpg

20221230_142543.jpg

20221230_142717.jpg

Edited by BorKon

quickmic

Ok, this is the path. I'm 99% sure the path is too long and that's why it fails. Only option, use shorter filenames. Also this is not specific to tvshows. Every content with long filenames could be affected.

EDIT:

Even more, this is not related directly to the plugin. Even native Kodi content could run into that issue.

Edited by quickmic