24-bit audio?

crusher11

crusher11

Seems like the TV is incapable of playing it, but the app doesn't realise this and therefore there's no transcode, leaving the film silent.

• 2 weeks later...
crusher11

An attempt to generate logs for this exposed a larger issue, see logs in the "my server is FUBAR" thread in the testing area.

16 hours ago, crusher11 said:

Are you back into your server now? Can we please see the log file from an example as requested? Thanks.

crusher11
On 1/5/2023 at 11:36 PM, crusher11 said:

see logs in the "my server is FUBAR" thread in the testing area.

crusher11

@Luke here are clean logs, just relating to The Apartment. My first thought was that 24-bit PCM audio was the problem but it actually isn't, because it's transcoding due to a bitrate limitation and thus the audio gets transcoded into AAC anyway. And 16-bit PCM doesn't work either. Native AAC, on a file that doesn't need transcoding, plays fine.

There's no error or anything, there's just no audio.

embyserver-63809671406.txt embyserver-63809671516.txt ffmpeg-transcode-3a4da699-3c6b-46e2-84c3-57f64c7f2c02_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-5a9ccd99-e11a-40ba-970f-5ccdc86cc546_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-44dbf3f4-37ac-462e-81cc-60a8bec02559_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-f6576bfa-f933-489f-bf52-fb1414c25b65_1.txt

crusher11
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Yea I think we'll have to add a condition to force it to transcode.

But it is transcoding.

2 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

But it is transcoding.

In your first post you said it wasn't. Then you provided ffmpeg logs. I clicked one of them and it was from a video file.

crusher11
6 hours ago, Luke said:

In your first post you said it wasn't. Then you provided ffmpeg logs. I clicked one of them and it was from a video file.

My first post was a guess based on a user report. I've since had a look at it myself. It's transcoding due to the bitrate, but the audio remains muted. 

crusher11
57 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can we please see a log example? Thanks.

I posted logs already, in this thread:

9 hours ago, crusher11 said:

I posted logs already, in this thread:

Which log shouldn't I look at. What time did the problem occur? What file was it?

crusher11
10 hours ago, Luke said:

Which log shouldn't I look at. What time did the problem occur? What file was it?

Those logs consist solely of playback of The Apartment, I rotated the log before and after testing.